Kinesiology tape help!

Options
I have a torn meniscus that's keeping me from working out. I bought KT tape, and I've watched a ton of videos, but I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. Anyone on here ever use it for knee support that could help Me? :) I CAN'T go another day without the gym.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    did a doctor/physio tell you that KT tape would help?
  • JessiJayne92
    JessiJayne92 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've had physical therapy multiple times for it. I used to have tape to do it myself, but it wasn't as good as this stuff. I'm just concerned I'm not getting the most support I can out of it.
  • amandarunning
    amandarunning Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure you apply appropriate tension to the tape?
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure there is no evidence to support any benefits K tape claims to have, so put it on however you like as it likely won't do anything anyway.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    KT Tape is amazing. I've never used it for your issue, but we've been using it for a couple of years now on my daughter's knee. She was a gymnast for 7 years and had gotten knee injuries. At 10 she had tendinitis in both knees and suffered from Osgood Schlatter's. KT Tape was a life saver for her. Even now, she still uses it for tennis. We can definitely tell a difference when she isn't wearing it. I would definitely recommend watching the videos from the actual KT website.