Need guidance on starting

Options
Hey everyone! I'm a new stay at home Mom with a 10 month old. I used to have a gym at work and we had a trainer come in 3 time a week. It was great, but that was like 4 years ago, and since then I've been slowly gaining. A gym is out of the question due to schedule and cost, so I want to do stuff around the house. I do have a mat (wooo), and I know I could google "where to start home excersizes", but I've found that sometimes checking with the community is better. Anyone in the same/similar situation? Advice? Just wanna chat?

Little dude takes at least 1 nap a day, but he's so chill I could just plop him beside me while I do stuff and he'd be alright.

Thanks for any advice or whatever. And if you pop by, read this, and decide not to write anything, Hi! Have a stellar day :)

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Try YouTube and your local library. I like Jillian Michaels, Jessica Smith, ExerciseTv, Kendall Hogan, Denise Austin, The Firm, Turbo Jam... there's just so much out there.
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Try Fitness Blender, they have a website and a YouTube feed where they post lots of free workouts :smile:
  • jennyleighreed
    jennyleighreed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try YouTube and your local library. I like Jillian Michaels, Jessica Smith, ExerciseTv, Kendall Hogan, Denise Austin, The Firm, Turbo Jam... there's just so much out there.

Library! I never thought of that! Thank you. I'll maybe hit it up today.
  • jennyleighreed
    jennyleighreed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Try Fitness Blender, they have a website and a YouTube feed where they post lots of free workouts :smile:

I'll check it out, thank you :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    My library does inter-library loans, so even if they don't have it, another might and it will be shipped to my library. There's an ILL link on the library's website to search and request. Just ask if you don't find it.
    This is how I get the Beachbody stuff, it's not available in YouTube. I just got the whole T25 set for almost 2 months.