The Scale

Options
Question you guys. How often do you weigh yourselves. I have been every morning and it goes up, I believe depending on how much sodium i consumed the night before, and then back down again. Do I go with the lowest number or what weight do I log? I drank 144 oz of water yesterday. Could this be water weight? I don't feel bloated or anything. I feel really good. Thanks bunches, lovelies

Replies

• Jaydensmom0914
    Jaydensmom0914 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I go with the lowest weight because that is my true weight. I will fluctuate to 167lbs if I have eaten or drank anything prior to weighing myself. My true weight, naked, after I have peed that morning is 164. The scale ALWAYS reads 164 if I didn't overindulge the night before and if I have eaten or drank nothing that morning. Now, to help with your sodium issue, drink a ton of water after eating salty foods. If you flush it out well enough you should be able to go to the scale the next morning and it read a lower weight still. Also, do not take the weight you gain during your period seriously. Studies have shown that some women will fluctuate up to 10lbs during that time! That is just a reminder because I know I gain weight during that time and it always gets me down.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    My personal opinion is to weigh every day so you can get used to your body's typical fluctuations, but pick one day a week for your "official" weight to log.

Yep, usually fluctuations are water weight and nothing to worry about - it will come and go as your body needs it. Fluctuations can also be undigested food if you maybe ate a heavy meal that is taking a little longer to move through your system or other digestive issue type stuff.
  • brittneynathan0579
    brittneynathan0579 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I go with the lowest weight because that is my true weight. I will fluctuate to 167lbs if I have eaten or drank anything prior to weighing myself. My true weight, naked, after I have peed that morning is 164. The scale ALWAYS reads 164 if I didn't overindulge the night before and if I have eaten or drank nothing that morning. Now, to help with your sodium issue, drink a ton of water after eating salty foods. If you flush it out well enough you should be able to go to the scale the next morning and it read a lower weight still. Also, do not take the weight you gain during your period seriously. Studies have shown that some women will fluctuate up to 10lbs during that time! That is just a reminder because I know I gain weight during that time and it always gets me down.

Thank you so much, super helpful
  • brittneynathan0579
    brittneynathan0579 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    My personal opinion is to weigh every day so you can get used to your body's typical fluctuations, but pick one day a week for your "official" weight to log.

Yep, usually fluctuations are water weight and nothing to worry about - it will come and go as your body needs it. Fluctuations can also be undigested food if you maybe ate a heavy meal that is taking a little longer to move through your system or other digestive issue type stuff.

Sounds like a plan, thanks girly