1400 Calories

Options
Hi All, im starting fresh on MFP again. What does a day on 1400 calories look like pls? I mean what kinda foods do u hve for breakfast etc? I start extrememly early so need something i can take or have at my desk at work. Thanks x

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like to get protein at every meal.

Breakfast this morning was Greek yogurt with berries, nuts, and Kashi Go Lean cereal. High protein, high fiber, some healthy fat.....265 calories. I throw the yogurt and berries in a big soup mug (Good Cook brand has a lid)......and then dump the dry ingredients in when I get to work. I "pack" breakfast the same way I pack lunch.

Lunch is sandwiches or wraps. Cottage cheese and fruit. Leftovers. A frozen dinner. Typically I pack a side of veggies and a side of fruit.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has some examples of a day of X amount of calories
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    For easy and fast I make 12 egg muffins with spinach and mushrooms the night before.
    Breakfast is 2 of the egg muffins and a Kefir fruit smoothie which is cup Kefir 1 cup frozen strawberries or other berries. I don't have time for a snack between breakfast and lunch so that the protein, carbs, and sugars keep me full and give me enough energy to last till lunch time.
    I eat my breakfast at my desk.
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    kajalpoit wrote: »
    Hi All, im starting fresh on MFP again. What does a day on 1400 calories look like pls? I mean what kinda foods do u hve for breakfast etc? I start extrememly early so need something i can take or have at my desk at work. Thanks x

Do you have a microwave close to your desk that you can use?
  • Calorie_Counting_K
    Calorie_Counting_K Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hii no i dont unfortunately :(
  • Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    kajalpoit wrote: »

I love those think thin smoothies you get them at Target they are only 150 calories with 15 grams of protein. Then you have more wiggle room for lunch and dinner. Im on a 1500 calorie diet recommend by my dietician. The south beach diet is great for maintaining low calories.