Another question lol

Options
Does anyone know if there is a web site or app you can get that lets you put all the ingredients in to calculate what you made rather then having to add everything separately? IE home made BBQ sauce

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I thought it was just one...
    this is how it all starts...

No, I dont
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Recipe builder, or the "meals" feature if it's something you want to change the ingredients of more often.
  • mjtaylor87
    mjtaylor87 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is a web site or app you can get that lets you put all the ingredients in to calculate what you made rather then having to add everything separately? IE home made BBQ sauce

Yeah the recipe builder on here will do it. I use it when ever i am making a con-cation out of the random things in my pantry.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    This^^^^
    The recipe builder is great for that kind of thing.
    I have all my basic sauces, curries, and stews in it and some meals.

Cheers, h.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Just watch that the recipe builder on the site doesn't give you some screwy results for certain ingredients. I manually calculate for the most part since for me it's just as easy to write down the ingredients and figure out the sum. If you have a really complicated dish, you can just add the most significant/calorie dense ingredients (for example, ketchup and brown sugar in BBQ sauce) and add a reasonable safety margin as needed to catch everything else.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had no idea there is a builder on here lol thanks I shall go look for it.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Just watch that the recipe builder on the site doesn't give you some screwy results for certain ingredients. I manually calculate for the most part since for me it's just as easy to write down the ingredients and figure out the sum. If you have a really complicated dish, you can just add the most significant/calorie dense ingredients (for example, ketchup and brown sugar in BBQ sauce) and add a reasonable safety margin as needed to catch everything else.

Best cure for that is do your own ingredient entries.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I found it and that's exactly what I'm doing :) thanks