Incorporate slimming world plan into MFP

Options
I've been using MFP for over 3.5 years and Ned to change things up a bit. I was thinking of using slimming world plan whilst using MFP to log. As anyone else done this and how do I go about it. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I think you need to look at why you need to change things up, and what you think SW will do for you.

Sorry no experience with SW.

Cheers, h.
  • ludds
    ludds Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to? Just because it's the slimming world way won't stop you gaining if it takes you over your calorie limits, so ultimately you'll be doing mfp anyway. Certainly, pinch some SW recipes if they appeal but the logging will be MFP styleeeee regardless!
  • georgebah
    georgebah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I thought about doing this for a short while. SAW focuses on getting you to change your eating habits so you reach for the good foods rather than high calorie foods which are signed. However you also get to eat as much 'free food' as you like, which also needs to be eaten alongside 'super free' foods (fruit and veg). Unfortunately this means that although you are following the SW plan and think you're doing great, once you log what you eat the calories quickly add up. When I did SW I was eating Muller lights sometimes two or three a day which is 300 calories, as well as huge likes of pasta which were free on the orange days ... But I had no concept of portion control and totalled to about 800. Then you have your dairy options and your bread or cereal options and boom...it adds up to around 2000, or it did for me anyway. I was eating healthy but I wasn't losing weight. Losing weight is science, calories in Vs calories burnt ...so Im not sure SW would work in that way. Sure use the recipes and snack ideas but be wary that it could amount to a bigger amount of calories than you imagined.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I ran a MFP account for MrsStealthHealth for a number of months - I would plan our foods and input all the data into both out accounts. Much to my dismay, other than the first couple of weeks, she failed to lose weight (which was her goal - I'll state that I love her no matter what her size but I'm happy that she wants to be as healthy as possible).*

She has recently switched to Slimming World and I have stopped logging her meals in MFP. Much to my chagrin, she is doing much better on that plan that she did with my meticulous MPF logging :(

This is a double whammy for me because, I am not a fan of the SW concepts and the diet as a whole but there you have it! She does seem to self regulate on the "free foods" (although I don't think that they are strictly unlimited/free?) and the low fat high complex carb concept seems to suit her.

* note that she later confessed that she had been cheating on her MFP plan :/
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Thanks all food for thought excuse the pun!!