My gym will be closed August 7th 4 a holiday :(

Options
2»

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    It's a Friday - go out dancing or plan some other active thing Friday night.

It is a Monday.

LOL. Not even sure how I did that... :D Looked at July, I guess.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    This one?

The Civic Holiday serves to fill a holiday gap between Canada Day on July 1st and Labour Day on the first Monday of September. Depending on the Canadian province and city, the Civic Holiday is both named and celebrated differently. Although names and celebrations may differ, Civic Holidays around Canada are celebrated on the first Monday of August.

Cool. I'd say be happy for the employees of your gym!

My gym is downtown in a business district, so is closed every Sunday. I usually do my long run on Sundays (not because my gym is closed, I usually run outside and use my gym for weights).

So there is actually a holiday for the sole purpose of making there be a holiday in August?
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hmm.. I wish we had one of those.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    This one?

The Civic Holiday serves to fill a holiday gap between Canada Day on July 1st and Labour Day on the first Monday of September. Depending on the Canadian province and city, the Civic Holiday is both named and celebrated differently. Although names and celebrations may differ, Civic Holidays around Canada are celebrated on the first Monday of August.

My gym is downtown in a business district, so is closed every Sunday. I usually do my long run on Sundays (not because my gym is closed, I usually run outside and use my gym for weights).

So there is actually a holiday for the sole purpose of making there be a holiday in August?

Right?!? America needs to get on board with this!
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'll def find something to do and 1 other gym may be open so I think I will act interested for a free day pass LOL
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    go hiking or running or one of the million other things that is an outside activity
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    hmm.. I wish we had one of those.

I know!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    This one?

Yup. Welcome to Canada. <3