NSV: I wore a t-shirt today

Options
I've lived in plain black, 3/4-length scoop-neck shirts almost exclusively for the past 10 years. I own 30 identical plain black, 3/4-length scoop-neck shirts. I rotate them, naturally, because I know the old vs. new and certain dye lots/years feel different from others.

I wore a t-shirt today. A somewhat tight, heather gray short-sleeved shirt with a printed graphic on it. Specifically this one https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/92613-have-you-tried-turning-it-off-and-on-again?

This is the most NSV ever but man, is it a big step for me. I was overweight all throughout Junior/High school but I wore printed t-shirts all the time, I didn't think anything of it. But, 10-odd years back I almost overnight became self-conscious about my bulges and unnecessary curves. I gather weight in my back and having these...rolls...hanging off my shoulder blades looked utterly grotesque. Today, I only saw slight bulges due to my crappy bra. I looked...trim. Kinda stylish. Cool, even.

I actually felt thin today. I LOOKED better. Even my shadow had a more defined silhouette. This is the first day I've actually FELT my nearly 30lb loss. My legs felt better swiping against each other. My elbows hit my stomach instead of my sides.

I'm so tired of black, black, black. I always leaned towards a gothy aesthetic but I miss the option of wearing colors, I miss having fun with my wardrobe. I'm never going to parade around in a bikini, that's just not me– but damn, I can at least wear something that doesn't bring Poe to mind every day of my life. I have a sleeveless pink lace dress that I've had hanging in the closet for 5+ years. I have 10lb to go before I'll feel comfortable wearing it, but wow, that's actually not that much.

I even only wore a half-slip under my clothes instead of my usual full one. I was a daring, wild woman today, I tell ya.

~VL

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. I am so glad you have made a wardrobe change. I can see a whole slew of new T-shirts in your near future- and other exciting things too.

That pink dress is just around the corner.

Do get fitted for a new bra. You won't believe the difference it will make.

Cheers, h.
  • rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing... I needed a story like this one. And. Congrats on the NSV. well not NSV the milestone. It shows how far you've come. I love the t-shirt.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    A number of years back i lost about 30kg and just adored finding great graphic t shirts. I put most of the weight back on when i had my twins (now 4yo) and i have slid back into the plain black shirts and jeans.
    I still have a very bright pink tee with a dog and bones on it... its the absolute opposite of everything i wear now and look forward to wearing it again.

nice work!
  • TorStar80
    TorStar80 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Wear the hell out of every colour possible!! I am so happy you are feeling so much more comfortable :)
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Well, nevermore.