Supplements

Options
I know... Diet and excercise. It's key and I'm doing it. I've hit a place where I'm cheating more and not losing. Any suggestions on supplements for metabolism or appetite suppressant?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    No supplements have impact on metabolism, and appetite is subjective and situational. Stop cheating, start exercising, and expect and accept to lose more slowly as your weight goes down.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Don't waste any of your money buying junk off the internet full of lies. They will only make your wallet thin.
    Buy a food scale instead at wallymart. Weigh everything including the kids leftovers. One thing: Diet is 90% of losing weight. Exercise for health and to feel good.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    If you stay consistent with a balanced diet at a reasonable deficiet there will be no need for such supplements. The large majority of them are not safe. And they will not help you change your lifestyle - which is the key to long term weight loss success.

Stop cheating.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on supplements. INVEST your time in being more CONSISTENT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Get a script for phentermine. It makes you not want to eat at all, which is fantastic for me. Downside is, if you're off for more than two days between refills (pharmacies are always "out" of everything here), you're gonna get hit HARD with cravings. Last week, I threw an actual childlike tantrum because I needed Wendy's nuggets.
  • Troutsy
    Troutsy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    No supplements are going to help suppress your appetite and boost your metabolism. It's diet and exercise. Foods that are higher in fats and protein may help to curb your appetite more. Really nail down your tracking and give it sometime.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Don't waste your money on supplements. INVEST your time in being more CONSISTENT.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

^^^This, end thread...
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I get it... sometimes we need a crutch. Caffeine is my go-to. It helps with most of what ails me. I do try to be honest with myself though about what I am doing and about how much effort I'm willing to give to my goals, which it sounds like you're doing as well.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    raven3lise wrote: »
    Get a script for phentermine. It makes you not want to eat at all, which is fantastic for me. Downside is, if you're off for more than two days between refills (pharmacies are always "out" of everything here), you're gonna get hit HARD with cravings. Last week, I threw an actual childlike tantrum because I needed Wendy's nuggets.
    Phentermine can cause Pulminary Hypertension. It can cause insomnia, headache, dizziness, itching and diarrhea. Reactions like swelling, confusion, dangerously high blood pressure, chest pain and shortness of breath, can happen.
    It can be habit forming and you can black out while driving. Exhaustion and depression may occur in patients who took phentermine for an extended period of time and then discontinued its use. http://www.livestrong.com/article/155075-dangers-of-using-phentermine/
    I would not recommend this to my worst enemy. Imagine becoming dependent on it....
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    The only appetite suppressant I've ever relied on that helped was water. Plain old water.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    raven3lise wrote: »

So now you know exactly what's going to happen when you come off of phentermine, your appetite and cravings will come screaming back which will inevitably result in weight regain.
    You can't stay on it forever, isn't the max 3mths?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Seriously, coffee and exercise. Many people find coffee specifically or caffeine in general to be an appetite suppressent. Obviously be mindful of how much. Exercise is the only legit way to increase your metabolism.

Figuring out what cues make you overeat and coming up with alternative ways to react to those cues may help too.
  • erika_307
    erika_307 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    A low carb/ high fat diet. I was always a very hungry person/ constantly snacking, until I recently started eating this way. I always ate a ton of extra calories in the evenings, now I have no desire whatsoever to eat after dinner.