Weight loss journey after baby. Looking for protein suggestions

I am almost 8 months post partum and I'm trying to lose weight and become more healthy overall. Ideally, I would like to lose 20 pounds though my goal is to reach a 10lb loss first. Here's my question: I'm a mom on the go who works full time. Anyone have any quick ways to get protein in? I'd like to do a shake in the morning but I never know which protein product to buy. Some are so disgusting

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    what is your daily protein goal? honestly, I do 140g a day and rarely do shakes/bars - I divide up my protein across my day - use things like greek yogurt, cheese etc to snack on during the day to help me hit my goals
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited August 2017
    If you want to be more healthy overall, you need to, well, be more healthy overall. Look at your nutrition - your diet - your meal schedule - your attitude towards food and eating - as a whole. As a parent you're a caregiver. You're not only feeding, you also need to be a good role model for your child. Eating well is an important but also enjoyable task that takes a bit of time and effort. Everybody is busy, and you will find time too if you make health and wellbeing a priority.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    Start with a protein bar of the brand. Cost, maybe $1.50. The protein powder will have a similar taste. If you can't stand the bar, you will hate the powder. I make my powder with skim milk in a mini-mixer. I liked Pure Protein at Target or walmart. Vegan powders taste really bad to me.
    Keep packs of almonds (I make my own) in your purse for emergency snacking.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    There are other quick sources of protein you can keep readily on hand - Greek yogurt (plain and add in mix ins), Cottage cheese, Canadian bacon, eggs and cheese. Protein powders can be expensive as well and if you are finding the taste is off putting then it may not be the better choice for you. I have found Quest and Syntrax Nectar are the better tasting protein powders out there, but taste is subjective.