Resistance Loop bands

Options
xpc8avli2au5.jpg

I bought myself this exact set over the weekend. I need to work on my lack of muscle tone and get some of this blubber off my body. I have limited space at home for storage of weights and these seemed like the best way to start. Has anyone used these type of bands and had success? Any good youtube workouts?

I really need some help here and I appreciate any and all replies :)

Ashley~

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Those are really intended for physical therapy, and they are not as versatile as resistance bands that have a handle. I suggest getting a set that can be attached to a doorway, like Bodylastics or Black Mountain. :+1:
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Did they not come with an instruction booklet?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I use mine in conjunction with a pull up bar, or did at first to learn to do pull ups on my own. I also would hook them to the bar, then do wood chops for obliques. Haven't use them much in the last six months though.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    I have the Bforce Booty Bands, which are identical to these, and I use them primarily as my warm up on lower body day and my physical therapy.

Things you can do with them:
    glute bridge (place just above the knee)
    hip thrust (same thing)
    donkey kicks (place around knees)
    hydrants (place around knees)
    standing lateral leg lifts (play around with the placement)
    seated abduction (above the knee)

I don't really utilize them much for upper body. All that said, I'm not sure I would've bought these if I were just starting out, especially if you don't have any direction. There really isn't any "program" for these.
  • keithwp99
    keithwp99 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I was rehab'ing after knee surgery, the phys therapy folks had giant rollers of those things. They would just snip a few feet off, tie and viola! resistance bands!

For some one who is new or limited these are a great way to get started and make progression. There are tons of info on line. Just do a simple search online and I guarantee you'll find something, You might link this work out with other body weight exercises too, btw. Good luck to you!
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

They came with a very basic booklet. I got this set for less than $3 with a discount code so I didn't lose anything in trying. I'm really just trying to get my body used to some kind of resistance training.

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ashbabe25 wrote: »

They came with a very basic booklet. I got this set for less than $3 with a discount code so I didn't lose anything in trying. I'm really just trying to get my body used to some kind of resistance training.

See if your local library has one this DVD..........
    10 Minute Solution - Belly Butt, Thigh Blasters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyDHLniMqI
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    ashbabe25 wrote: »

See if your local library has one this DVD..........
    10 Minute Solution - Belly Butt, Thigh Blasters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujyDHLniMqI

Found it on YouTube!! Thanks!!