Pregnant or TTC

Hello All,

I am trying to become healthier to have a successful pregnancy when it happens. I just recently had a miscarriage at 6 weeks and although I know it isn't my fault...some times I can't help but think. .would it have been different if I was not as heavy? I would like to find women who have been in my position or are in my position. I want to share my journey to health with soon to be mommy's, hoping to be mommy's or really anyone!

I hope yo make some new friends to do this with!

Jessica

Replies

• tdesignr
    tdesignr Posts: 18 Member
    Hi! I'm not normally one to reach out for friends on MFP, but if you'd like to be my friend on here, that'd be great. I've been an on and off again dieter on here for 5 years, keeping *most* of my pre-dieting weight off post-college. I'm typically a keep-to-myself type, but TTC issues can be so lonely and frustrating.

I just went through a miscarriage this weekend ... and the day before/on my birthday no less (I'm 28 years old now). We're unsure of our conceptual date since my cycle was irregular after having one normal cycle completely off BC pill. I would have been 5 weeks at the least and 7 weeks at the most. They didn't see anything on my ultrasound when I went (despite that I went to the ER mere hours after it started), so we didn't get an opportunity for confirmation.

I struggled with binge eating before and during our pregnancy due to my irregular cycles. My bad health habits so easily come back when I'm stressed. But today I grabbed my work out bag (I have a Planet Fitness membership), a Walmart bag full of healthy foods to eat at work and am going to the gym after work! I even wore my sports bra to work to help remind me that it's bleeping happening. And I ordered a Starbucks latte with that extra shot of espresso because I #*&$ing deserve it!

... Part of me is in the angry "I didn't even do intense work outs or drink coffee during the pregnancy!" phase; hoping to utilize that on the elliptical tonight ...

And if you're a bit like me and bad health habits are often mentally instigated, I've found some help by listening to the Half Size Me podcast. She does them every Monday, I think. She talks a lot about how important the mental habits of dieting are just as much as exercising and eating well.