When do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Monday morning, just to start the week off right.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Once a week on a Monday morning, just to start the week off right.

Same here.

• perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but I only log it on Mondays and it's early morning before eating and I wear the same thing when I weigh each week.
  • kieranar
    kieranar Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Daily, first thing in the morning
  • Zee48
    Zee48 Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Every morning after necessities and before coffee. Officially my WI is Monday night at Weight Watchers meeting but I monitor myself daily. It helps keep me on track. Then Monday I record my early morning and my WW WI to compare my trend and accomplishments, or not.
  • tiffanybrooks530
    tiffanybrooks530 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    once a week, first thing in the am, preferably after bm :-P
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of people I weigh in the morning, after I wake up..use the facilities, but before I eat or drink.

Unlike most, I wear my normal clothes (no shoes)...that way I don't 'suddenly gain 5 lbs' at the doctor's office. My last doctor started to laugh when I said "wait, let me empty my pockets..." but then I pulled out a wallet, 2 key rings, 2 cell phones and my glasses case.

I also insist on removing my shoes "if you don't measure how tall I am in in them, then you're not gonna weigh me in them either"
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    In the morning after I run right before I jump in the shower. I drink coffee beforehand and also drink water during my run if I it's 5+ miles.

I know it's not that accurate depending on how much I sweat and how much I'm drinking, but it helps me see trends since I do it so consistently.
  • lalepepper
    lalepepper Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in the morning because my weights are consistently higher in mornings than later in the day.

The only reason for this is I follow an intermittent fasting schedule. I eat from about 6-10pm each day. I usually weigh in after work, just before breaking my fast just like most people are doing in the morning, and after most of my bigger drinks have made their way thru my system.
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    The soundless vibration of the Fitbit alarm awakens the weight loss supplicant, Kullerva, at the fourth hour of the morning, while darkness still grips the land.

The weight loss supplicant tiptoes into the bathroom and turns on the lights, angling the Solar Scale That Judges All in the direction of the flickering incandescence. After voiding waste, the weight loss supplicant ascends to the glass top of the scale. She may or may not hold her breath.

Upon receiving judgment from the Solar Scale That Judges All, the supplicant will suffer rage and indignation if the judgment seems unfair, and almost certainly unfounded joy and elation if the Scale judges in her favor.

The ritual complete, the supplicant will descend from the Scale That Judges All with the promise to do better in the future. The supplicant will then record her weight in the Journal of Progress.

Repeat ad infinitum, or until goal is attained.

Seriously, though...I give less power to the scale than I used to. When in maintenance I weigh once a week. When I'm losing, it's every day when I wake up. Do whatever works for you. :)
  • Cheery83
    Cheery83 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I weigh in after going to the toilet on monday mornings. When I enter into maintenance I plan on weigingh in once monthly.
  • inrapids
    inrapids Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The first thing every morning for me.
  • DeniseWilson43
    DeniseWilson43 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I Wt my self when I first get up in Morning then if I go for along Run I Wt my self after to see if lost any Wt from Run ... Denise
  • mail2dijaw
    mail2dijaw Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I found weekly weighing helpful. Sunday morning before breakfast with same set of light clothes works out well. Idea is to keep it simple and reasonable. I must emphasize that you choose the same place of weighing like hard kitchen floor or somewhere suitable where you get a consistent readings. Hope it helps :)
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale so I weigh myself when I visit the gym or my mom's. Last time I weighed myself was three weeks ago (I think). I find weighing myself causes me to obsess so I opt for taking measurements to gauge my progress.
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I only weigh my self every couple of months
    I go with measurements and strength more than weight.