Craving fried chicken.. what's your #1 weakness?

Options

Replies

• Maritill
    Maritill Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chocolate.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Nachos. So many nachos.
  • bababs89
    bababs89 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Tacos, chocolate, cheese curls
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Pasta. I'd eat nothing but lasagna if I could.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Fried Chicken In The 18th Century?
    From that page with the Video
    You are in for a treat today! This fried chicken recipe comes from Nathan Bailey's 1736 cookbook, "Dictionarium Domesticum." This recipe calls for a marinade that is sure to surprise you. The tartness of the marinade contrasted to the sweetness of the batter really sets this dish off. We highly recommend you try this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsyjNef2ydQ&feature=youtu.be

buffalogal42
    Thanks for the Tip regarding the Banquet Chicken.
    Roger

This is a great youtube channel! I've made some of the dishes discussed, modern-style (I'm not a historical re-creater), but appreciate keeping some of the traditional things alive. Not all of these dishes, are, shall we say, "dietetic"? (LOL)
  • bby_rocha
    bby_rocha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As a baker, I would have to say lemon Coconut cream cheese cake
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Pasta...of any kind. And Oreos. I just tried the Mocha flavor, It was hard not to eat an entire sleeve, lol.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Margaritas
    Freddy's Steakburger cheeseburger
    Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough

Preferably in one meal. ;)
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter - can't keep it in the house or the entire jar is gone in a flash. I keep PB2 around as a substitute...
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    French fries, but I'm particular about them. They need to be boardwalk fries. Since we're only on the boardwalk when we go on vacation, I indulge in them when we're there. Otherwise, I don't have them.

Caramel corn is another. That's another thing that's available on the boardwalk from the kind I prefer. A local Hallmark store sells it as well from the boardwalk vendor, but I like to pretend I don't know that.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Chips of any kind. Try to keep them away from my house at all times.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Cheese and cheese flavored foods.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake, cake and amaretto sours. None of these things are ever in my house, thankfully.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Now I have to have fried chicken.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Deeply fried, fresh, hot, greasy, salty Steak Fries...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    Options
    ...and I've been around here long enough to know that I don't want to read the rest of the posts or I'll want all the everything.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Fish 'n Chips and other pub food...I hit up Two Fools Tavern once every couple of months to get my pub grub fix.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My number one weakness is ice cream.

For days I felt like I was going to inhale the fridge or at least like I could demolish a pint of ice cream I would eat a pint of Halo Top or Enlightened.

Halo Top favorites:

Birthday Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter, & Chocolate Almond Crunch.

Enlightened favorites:

Red Velvet, Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, & Triple Chocolate. Hoping to someday try their Bananas Foster & Chocolate Peanut Butter flavors.

For times where I don't want to spend a fortune on these two ice creams I buy Edy's Slow Churned & my current favorite is the Pumpkin Patch (90 calories a cup, but I always have at least 3-5 servings depending on calories left for the day).

Another ice cream that I like when I can moderate it is Turkey Hill's Party Cake.
  • StarvingAuthor
    StarvingAuthor Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bread
  • girlgeeklula
    girlgeeklula Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken has definitely been my recent craving. I want Wingstop, Popeyes, chicken that is friend and delish. Thankfully, Popeyes does a pretty good blackened chicken that is acceptable to my cravings.