Staying on track with food...

Options

Replies

• DetectiveCookieMonster
    Options
    Ok, so long story short. I get really really hungry at night. I save most of my meals for night time.

I work shift work so I'm never sleeping normally and I never really get that full 8 hours unless it's my day off.

Anyone have suggestions on how to control eating like a mad woman. I have a stressful job and I'm definitely an emotional eater.

What do you guys do with shift work or to keep your eating under control so there's isn't a surplus of calories by bed time.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would suggest pre-logging and pre-packing all of your food, then spacing it out over your work time. Do you have a refrigerator at work? What are your shift times?
  • PetitClapotis
    PetitClapotis Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Same here. My cravings for sweets get crazy at night ! I would literally searching around the house for food and shovel them down like a crazy person. I don't work night shift but I have a problem in getting enough sleep. I wake up very early in the morning and can't get back to sleep. I guess that's what makes my hormones get out of whack in the first place. Sometimes I take melatonin, but it doesn't always work.
  • DetectiveCookieMonster
    Options
    I would suggest pre-logging and pre-packing all of your food, then spacing it out over your work time. Do you have a refrigerator at work? What are your shift times?

So I usually write everything down that I'm eating for the day and then I log it on this app.

My shifts are 7am-7pm and 7pm-7am. It rotates back and fourth with 2 days off during the week and every other weekend.
  • DetectiveCookieMonster
    Options
    Same here. My cravings for sweets get crazy at night ! I would literally searching around the house for food and shovel them down like a crazy person. I don't work night shift but I have a problem in getting enough sleep. I wake up very early in the morning and can't get back to sleep. I guess that's what makes my hormones get out of whack in the first place. Sometimes I take melatonin, but it doesn't always work.

You're basically my night time twin lol
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Find a way to manage your stress other than eating.