Working out not losing weight

Walking every day 3 miles burned 700 cal eating low-carb diet not losing weight

Replies

• MariaUJ
    MariaUJ Posts: 2 Member
    NEED HELP FAST
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    The usual two answers are (1) you aren't weighing all your food accurately enough so are actually eating more than you think or (2) it's not been long enough to give the body a chance to show the benefits of the diet.

Can you tell us how long you've been dieting for and how you measure your food?

Opening up your diary would help us identify any issues too.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Are you counting calories?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    MariaUJ wrote: »

but are you eating at a calorie deficit?? you mention nothing about the calories that you are taking in...
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    MariaUJ wrote: »

Also 0 info.
    I hope you're just venting and not asking advice
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Calorie deficit for weight loss.

Exercise for health.

There's no way you'd be burning that much walking 3 miles. I don't even burn that much running 3 miles.

Are you counting calories? Low carb is not a magic weight loss diet. You still need to count calories?

How long have you been trying to lose weight? How much have you lost so far? How long have you "not lost anything"?
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    To walk 3 miles and burn 700kcal, you'd need to be nearly 800 lbs. Love, if you're not that big then your calorie estimate for walking is way off! You'd not be losing if you are those calories back.

Please use 0.3* your weight * miles for more accurate estimates.

Yes, I'm envious of anyone who can get 700kcal from a 3-mile walk. I ran 5 miles last night and burned less than 500!

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Wow, did anyone answer the OP question without debating. This is why people don't answer back. There is a debating section.

did you? and what was the question?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Wow, did anyone answer the OP question without debating. This is why people don't answer back. There is a debating section.

Sometimes it necessary to ask questions to get more info to determine what the problem is. If the OP is counting a 3 mile walk as burning 700 calories, that's an easy place to start to answer the question of why she's not losing.