Does Premium make your mobile app go faster?

Options
Hi all - I'm considering getting a Premium subscription as I use the site and app religiously. I don't really care about the additional features so much (although enlighten me if there are some that are super handy). What I care about is how SLOOOWWWW the app is on my phone, and I wonder if it is the ads that are slowing it down. Any premium users have any input?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,966 Member
    Options
    Yes, ads can slow down your phone. While there are certainly options for getting rid of them that don't cost $50/year, talking about them is considered to be a violation of Community Guideline 14 c.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Use a pop up blocker. Free on the internet. Just google it.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    kmp327 wrote: »
    Hi all - I'm considering getting a Premium subscription as I use the site and app religiously. I don't really care about the additional features so much (although enlighten me if there are some that are super handy). What I care about is how SLOOOWWWW the app is on my phone, and I wonder if it is the ads that are slowing it down. Any premium users have any input?

Honestly I don't use the app on my phone much. I prefer to use the full website.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I really want to be able to post photos to my feed from my iPhone - I would pay for that feature. Android can, but not my poor iOS :(
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed much difference, homestly between ads and no ads in speed of the app. Recently the app and the actual have gotten much slower, but that happened before I cancelled my premium, and hasn't gotten worse since the premium ended on my account.