Do you guys count black coffee as part of your daily water intake?

Options
JTlivez
JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
I don't, but I'm interested in what other people think of the idea.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Sure. Why wouldn't I?
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I sure do
  • JTlivez
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sure. Why wouldn't I?
    Interesting, how far would you go though? Once you add milk, sugar, creamer etc... Would you think otherwise?

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    JTlivez wrote: »
    I don't, but I'm interested in what other people think of the idea.

I log it in my beverages tab.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't count water. You don't have to drink 8 cups of water a day, it's a myth. Just make sure your pee is clear enough and you're good.

Ditto. I drink my coffee black and stopped logging it and water a long time ago. If I add something on the weekend, I log that.
  • JTlivez
    Options
    I count my black coffee. I count my coffee with half n half. I count my kombucha. I count the ice I put in my smoothie. Do an experiment. Put a tsp of chia seeds in a cup of clean clear water. After 20 minutes record what has happened. Next, put a tsp of chia seeds in a cup of coffee with sugar, creamer and a dash of etc in it. After 20 minutes record what has happened.

Now, ask yourself. If brainless chia seeds find water and do what they do when they find water, why don't I count it as water?

I understand, thanks for the response :smile:

• OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I don't count water. You don't have to drink 8 cups of water a day, it's a myth. Just make sure your pee is clear enough and you're good.

This.

On average I drink 4 large cups of coffee a day, 1 can of diet soda, and then a 16 ounce water bottle at lunch, and then maybe a another 16 ounces worth of water spread out through the day. Plus I eat a lot of veg/fruit, which have high water concentrations.

eta: totally forgot about my daily green smoothie-that has 1c skim milk and 1 1/2 cup of water as well.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I count all liquids: coffee, beer, wine, smoothies...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I don't. I can tell a noticeable difference in water retention, bowel movements and just plain exreme thirst if the only fluids i get all day are from tea and coffee.
    I only count plain water as water.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I don't count water, but if I did, I'd count coffee as water.
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    No.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Even milk is mostly water.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I count my black coffee. I count my coffee with half n half. I count my kombucha. I count the ice I put in my smoothie. Do an experiment. Put a tsp of chia seeds in a cup of clean clear water. After 20 minutes record what has happened. Next, put a tsp of chia seeds in a cup of coffee with sugar, creamer and a dash of etc in it. After 20 minutes record what has happened.

Now, ask yourself. If brainless chia seeds find water and do what they do when they find water, why don't I count it as water?

Why you gotta be so mean to the poor chia seeds? They're just doing their gooey job.