Back after two years; Gained it back

Options
Hey ya'll, I'm 28 years old, and have been away from MFP for about two years. I had lost about 40lbs and nearly broke 210lb. Since then I have gained that 40 back + 67lbs! I attribute this to continually thinking that my little gains were never that bad, my hypothyroidism making my energy sink to an all-time low, and then my anxiety and stress triggered by being in the last year of my PhD took over. I ordered out almost every day, hardly did any exercise, and ignored the scale in the corner of my bathroom. But then I finally stood on it and saw a number bigger than ever before.

Rather than dwell on it, I remembered what a Jenny Craig consultant had said to me in 2010: "That's the last time you'll ever see that number". Even though that ended up not being true (sadly), I like to think that this time it will definitely be! I know I can get that number down and become a healthier, happier person in the process, but I need motivation buddies! Friend me and we can tackle this Sisyphus-like task together!!

Replies

• artbyrachelh
    artbyrachelh Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm back after gaining it back, too! We can do it!
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you've got this!
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the gain back more--that is so me. Ph.D. finished? That's major--congrats. Well, I guess here we go again. Went to doctor today and her scales say I am 13 of 50 down. Of course, 50 is just my trying to be realistic goal-the truth is 80 needs to go (make that 67). I am taking some ice water to bed and will visit here again tomorrow.
  • PartTimeSarah
    PartTimeSarah Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @josephinebowman Still another 6 months to go on the degree (subject to my final review). I'm definitely ready for it to finish! Congrats on 13 lost, that's awesome! Ice water on the bedside is a good idea, I may have to lift that! Cool tap water just isn't the same!
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Same boat...put back on most of what I lost. But we're in it to win! Best wishes.