Birthday eating

Options
So my birthday is the 22, my husband wants to go to a buffet, ovet eating is a given i know its next to impossible to maintain my calorie in take.Do i just try and eat healthier the next few days to make up? Does anyone know how i should handle this i am open to any ideas.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Typically I might reduce my calories by 100-200 the days leading up to it and then the day of I eat lighter in the morning to save most of the calories for evening. I also go in with the plan to only eat things I really want. I don't waste calories on rice or spaghetti or things I can easily make/eat at home. Also, if I take a bite of something and it doesn't taste that good I don't eat it just because I got it.

The next day just get back on track.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Your birthday only happens once a year. Live it up for the day. Tomorrow is a new day, start logging again, and you'll be fine. And PS: You get to choose the restaurant!!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    One plate, one trip, to the salad bar first. Cover 1/4 of the plate with salad. No dressing. Don't stack any food on top of the salad. You'll be ok.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It is your birthday you should go where you want.
  • sassysisterjd
    sassysisterjd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It's only one meal. Don't over think it, or let it ruin your day or week... Or month! If it were me, I'd prelog 1000 calories, plan the rest of my day around that, and just eat what I truly enjoyed without worrying about the calories. Pick yourself right back up the next day and get back to it! And happy early birthday!!!! :D:D
  • Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Typically I might reduce my calories by 100-200 the days leading up to it and then the day of I eat lighter in the morning to save most of the calories for evening. I also go in with the plan to only eat things I really want. I don't waste calories on rice or spaghetti or things I can easily make/eat at home. Also, if I take a bite of something and it doesn't taste that good I don't eat it just because I got it.

Thank you, he want to go to a buffet. Probably i will fill up on salad a veggies and the least fattening protein i can find sugar free desert
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    It's only one meal. Don't over think it, or let it ruin your day or week... Or month! If it were me, I'd prelog 1000 calories, plan the rest of my day around that, and just eat what I truly enjoyed without worrying about the calories. Pick yourself right back up the next day and get back to it! And happy early birthday!!!! :D:D

Thank you i will
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    amtyrell wrote: »
    It is your birthday you should go where you want.

Thank you
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    One plate, one trip, to the salad bar first. Cover 1/4 of the plate with salad. No dressing. Don't stack any food on top of the salad. You'll be ok.[/
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    Thank you, thats what i thought to salad, veggies, lean protein& sugar free desert
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    Your birthday only happens once a year. Live it up for the day. Tomorrow is a new day, start logging again, and you'll be fine. And PS: You get to choose the restaurant!!

Thank you
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    It's your birthday, not his. If you don't want to go to a buffet, go somewhere else. If you do want to go to a buffet, go. You didn't get overweight by eating one meal. Eat what you want, log it, and get back on track the next day.

Thank you
  • Carriebear174
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Birthday calories don't count ;)

Okay really, I've always taken a diet break around my birthday, and on that day I'm not going to worry about my deficit (but I'm not going to go overboard). You can save up some calories in the days leading up to it if you want so you don't hurt your deficit too badly. But ultimately, it's one day. Even if you blow everything out of the water, it won't ruin your progress.

Thank you, i probably will just eat in moderation but still enjoy like you said and fill up on the good stuff veggies, salad, protein and sugar free desert
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Thank you, he want to go to a buffet. Probably i will fill up on salad a veggies and the least fattening protein i can find sugar free desert

I'm right with usmcmp, except, if there is going to be alcahol involved, eat your regular food during the day.
    I tried eating light in anticipation of my birthday dinner once, it wasn't pretty.
    One glass of wine and I was behaving like I'd drunk the whole bottle, and then some.

It is an event, learn to work it into your daily eating- hopefully you will have lots more birthdays and celebrations ahead.

Cheers, h.
    PS happy birthday, mine is on the 10th.
  • Carriebear174
    Options

Thats a great idea thank you
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,482 Member
    Options
    No way would I go to a buffet. All the low quality food you can eat. What's the point other than over eating.

In our family you pick on your birthday.
  • Carriebear174
    Options

I'm right with usmcmp, except, if there is going to be alcahol involved, eat your regular food during the day.
    I tried eating light in anticipation of my birthday dinner once, it wasn't pretty.
    One glass of wine and I was behaving like I'd drunk the whole bottle, and then some.

It is an event, learn to work it into your daily eating- hopefully you will have lots more birthdays and celebrations ahead.

Cheers, h.
    PS happy birthday, mine is on the 10th.

Thank you, a very happy early birthday to you as well.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    You'll do fine. It is one day, you make the choice to eat what you truly enjoy and move on. Enjoy!