470 Calories in a Fried Chicken Thigh?

Options
taziarj
taziarj Posts: 243 Member
edited August 2017 in Food and Nutrition
Had a birthday club coupon for Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken. It used to be a staple in my days of extreme obesity. I only have it once a year now when they send me a coupon in my birthday month for a free two piece meal, but I was shocked to look at their nutrition information online;

http://www.leeschickendayton.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Lees-Nutrition-05-01-2017.pdf

How can a famous recipe chicken thigh possibly have 470 calories? A Google search shows that an uncooked thigh has 207 calories. The flour in the breading can't be that many calories. Though I do suspect absorbed oil would add a lot of calories, but almost two tbsp worth of oil? A KFC Original Recipe thigh is only 270 calories. How can the equivalent at Lee's be 200 calories more? The thigh at Lee's was just as tiny as those found at KFC. I recall years ago when I checked the calories, the thigh had far fewer calories. It seems they updated their counts recently and the 470 number is new. A mistake perhaps?

Thankfully, I just ate one thigh and half of each of the side and will take the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

Replies