Why won't it go away?

Been working out like a madwoman all summer. Started at 130 and after watching calories, giving up beer, and working out like crazy, I have only lost 5 lbs

Replies

• MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    How tall are you and what is your goal weight?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Congratulations! How much more do you think you need to lose, if any at all? The same thing that got you this far will get you the rest of the way.
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Exercise makes tiny tears in your tissues. Your body will retain fluid to heal them. If you're doing a lot of exercise you normally haven't done, fluid retention is probably one reason the scale shows slow weight loss.

Also, how tall are you? If you are a normal weight for your body, you will probably lose more slowly.
  • testonbrianannie
    testonbrianannie Posts: 5 Member
    5'2" and I really only wanted to get to 120 but I would be happier at 115-117. That is when I look my best and my clothes fit the best.
  • testonbrianannie
    I have always worked out and been active. Just got tired there for a bit and was only doing yoga like 3 times a week and it caught up to me. I am also 48... metabolism is not my friend right now.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    5'2" and I really only wanted to get to 120 but I would be happier at 115-117. That is when I look my best and my clothes fit the best.

So you're 125 now? Congratulations, that's really good! You don't have much more to go slow it will likely be slower. Do you log and measure your food? If not, that might be the key to getting those last few pounds down.
  • testonbrianannie
    Yes I do! Religiously. It's a lot of work. I guess I am just frustrated.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Wow! Great work on the loss. I'm not seeing where the problem is. For your size you're doing very good.