Calories Setting

I switched my setting to "sedentary" as I learned from other users who said that it was better to do this if I do not take more than 5-6K steps per day. I did. Now my caloric limit is set to 1740. I work out 5 times per week, and there are definitely days that I take more steps (~4K) and some days less. If I eat 1750 calories on a workout day, I see that I earned 550 calories, now, my net is ~1200...should I eat all of the extra allotted calories or no?

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Yes, you should usually eat your workout calories, unless you took workouts into account when calculating the base measures (which you didn't).
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    If you have confidence you actually did burn 550 cals then yes, eat them all.
    Only you know what your "workout" was, what the duration was and how you are arriving at your estimate.
    there are definitely days that I take more steps (~4K) and some days less
    Averaging out is fine, we all have up and down days.
  • pielattes1
    pielattes1 Posts: 62 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    If you have confidence you actually did burn 550 cals then yes, eat them all.
    Only you know what your "workout" was, what the duration was and how you are arriving at your estimate.
    there are definitely days that I take more steps (~4K) and some days less
    Averaging out is fine, we all have up and down days.

Yes, I am confident I burned at least 500 calories. I usually try to average down (since I don't have an accurate measure), but I did a 2 hour workout with resistance training, calisthenics, and higher reps with mid weight (legs and arms). Ironically, most of my calories come from eggs (I eat a lot of egg whites with one egg thrown in), and I tend to eat higher calorie meals (~500-600 calories). So I guess I don't have to worry about eating that many egg white calories each day? IDK?