Suggestions weight lifting program

Options
So I am currently doing Ashley Horner becoming extraordinary but it's almost over and I need a new program. I'm one of those people who just walk around the gym unsure of what to do unless I have a paper/app telling me exactly what to do. Because if I don't Have that I get "bored" and leave after 30mins of doing nothing. I have about 30lbs to loose I've loss almost 60 so my body gets into Plateau a lot. I'm not looking for an at home DVD either. Want to continue to focus on weight training.

Replies

• pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I like Strong Lifts 5x5. I'm sure you'll get others. Do an internet search of weight lifting programs and try one you think, upon review, you might like. If you do, continue, if you don't try another.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    I like AllPro.
    Here is a list of good tried and true programmes. Have a read through and pick one that suits you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Cheers, h.
  • cowgirl6229
    cowgirl6229 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you are willing to buy something, I recommend The New Rules of Lifting. There are several editions of it, including for women, supercharged, etc. They are books that cover both nutrition and training. I did the program outlined in The New Rules of Lifting for Women a few years ago and loved it. The authors are very well educated and give some solid advice. Definitely worth checking out.
  • timsla
    timsla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Starting Strength vol.3
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I like AllPro.
    Here is a list of good tried and true programmes. Have a read through and pick one that suits you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Cheers, h.

middlehaight beat me to it! :)
  • izanebricks
    izanebricks Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been having great success with New Rules of Lifting Supercharged. It has a program laid out to start with, but the real power is how it gives you a framework to change out or replace exercises to best meet your needs.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I love ChaLean Extreme.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    ccruz985 wrote: »
    I love ChaLean Extreme.

Pretty sure that's not a weight lifting program.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I did most of the New Rules of Lifting for Women a few years ago, and this year I am doing Strong, by the same authors. It provides the lifting routines as well as good instruction on how to perform the lifts.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    ariel1116 wrote: »
    I have about 30lbs to loose I've loss almost 60 so my body gets into Plateau a lot

That's not something strength training will fix. That's more about calories in vs. calories out. And patience.

There's no need to change programs if you like your current one - you can just repeat the last month of it.
    If you DON'T like the program, tell us what you don't like about it. :+1: