Hello Everyone!

Options
Hey there I'm Dustin. I never been very good at introducing myself but here it goes. I am currently 38 years old, about 156lbs, and am looking to loose weight and build muscle.
I've been using this app for about 3 weeks and love it! Since tracking my calories and micronutrients I have noticed quite a change. I try to do cardio and weight lifting three days a week, and follow strict nutrition rules. I started around 162 and am now down to 156.
I really hope to loose the stubborn belly fat and gain muscle over time. I know I'm know expert but I'm always here for support, and welcome advice from others.
Looking forward to meeting people and working with the community.

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    You can and should work out but I would focus on the body fat loss first. It is very difficult to build muscle in deficit but it can preserve it. For me lots of cardio got rid of the belly fat. Unfortunately lots of beer has brought it back so I am hitting the streets again.
  • JTlivez
    JTlivez Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I always try to do low sets with high reps during weight loss. Just try to tone the muscle and not build it, however starting out you will build it. I'm active daily if you want some motivation, just add me. :smile: