Which fitness band vibrate when exceeds set heart rate

Options
2»

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Again, why doesn't this matter? The whole "fit zone" thing? It's NOT a real thing if that's what you're shooting for.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

There are other reasons why people use heart rate that have nothing to do with burning fat. One reason is as a measure of intensity. A runner might use it to gauge whether they can increase the pace and still be capable of finishing the distance.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Again, why doesn't this matter? The whole "fit zone" thing? It's NOT a real thing if that's what you're shooting for.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This must be the thread for asking questions that have already been answered in the thread.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Any of the garmins containing optical hr do this: forerunner 235, vivoactive hr, new vivosmart hr+, fenix series. If you want more info on a specific model check out a guy called DC Rainmaker, he has some nice in depth reviews where he explains stuff like this for the different models. I think polar is starting to have some optical hr models too now, but they are still pretty loyal to the chest strap concept due to better accuracy. Fitbit surge may do this as well, not sure what its warning capabilities are. Imo garmin does better with running workout stats since thats been their nich for so long. Fitbit got its start in basic activity tracking so for more athletic people most of their devices dont provide the training info desired.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Because you can train using your heart rate. For me (a runner), I know many things about my heart rate that helps me with my training. I know my VO2max and I know my Lactate Threshold. I know my min and max heart rate. Knowing this allows me to train in zones. Zone 2 would equate to an LSR (long slow run). This is very important for developing stamina. Zone 3 would be a tempo run.

Just because there little validity to fat burning zones does not mean that training with zones is not important. It is not the only method for training but it is legit.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Now that we've answered which devices twice and why zones are important twice, I figure I'll repeat my this as well. Wrist based HRM's are a crapshoot. Some folks have some success with them while others do not. The size of your wrist, how and where you wear it, and the manufacturer of the device is very important. I don't bother and just wear my strap (Garmin HRM-Run 2).
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    I prefer a chest strap for running, cycling, and skiing, too, like @dewd2. I get very different results from a chest strap to the wrist sensor in my Garmin.