Just how bad is it to go over daily fat gram total?

Options
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how bad it was to go over your daily fat gram allowance but yet stay under with your calories. I'm planning on treating myself to a yummy salad tonight but even though I will still be under in calories it will push me over my fat gram limit. I'm good with the other macros, just not the fat. So just how bad is it?

Replies

• Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    It's not bad at all. I actually increased my fat and decreased my carbohydrate for my macros. Pass the avocados, nuts, olive oil and fatty fish... AND full fat yogurt, cheese and real half and half in my coffee.... Oh and bacon and butter in moderate amounts... As long as I'm getting enough protein and staying under my calories then BRING ON THE FAT!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I don't really care either. I have a history of stomach issues and acid reflux so I try to stay under, but I don't sweat it when I go over.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    A lot of people (me included) consider protein and fat macros as minimums. If I'm low on anything, it's usually carbs... and of course always try to be under your calories.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Your skin and hair will love ya for it.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    youdontknowwhatyousaw Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about going over on fat, either. I use the fuller fat versions of most things.