Any ideas what to have?

Options
ueamgw6p4mtz.png

Hey I need up to 450 more calories but sugar is pretty much done for the day as well as fat. Any idea what I can eat to bring my proteins and that up?

Replies

• Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you have and like, but .. chicken breast.. egg whites.. fish.. protein powder. Looks like you might need more veggies too?

Moving forward, you can avoid big protein deficits like that by having protein with each meal. :+1:
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Problem is that I made banana chocolate chip muffins and ate half a muffin lol there went all my sugar and fat for the day lol.
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Problem is that I made banana chocolate chip muffins and ate half a muffin lol there went all my sugar and fat for the day lol.

My strategy with that is to add greek yogurt instead of fat and less sugar and make them into mini muffins!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Chicken sandwich
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Not hitting your macros bang on isn't really a big deal and has no bearing on weight loss...
  • noirelb
    Options
    chicken veggy stir fry with soy sauce instead of sugary sauce. Omelet filled with veggies. Or fish if you like it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Not hitting your macros bang on isn't really a big deal and has no bearing on weight loss...

This. I would try to get in a good amount of protein, but otherwise I wouldn't worry about going over on my fat or sugar.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    140 grams of chicken breast will give you the protein for 230 calories.

195 grams of brown rice will give you the carbs without the sugar and a little fiber for 200 calories.

You'll be 7 g short on fiber. If that bothers you, maybe drink a scoop of unflavored fiber powder.

Alternatively, scale back the serving of chicken breast and have it with 1/2 cup of black beans. You'll run a risk of going over on total carbs but protein and fiber will be good.
  • noirelb
    Options
    Yea I'm not gonna lie, I don't look at my macro's unless it's for vitamins/minerals. The muffin suggestion is basically to reduce the calories and fill you up for longer with more protein so you can enjoy a full one and not worry!
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    0% fat Greek Yoghurt is great, high in protein, zero fat, low sugar - whole 350g pot only 200cals, really filling and satisfying - brand called 'Fage' the best option if you can get it, if not 'Skyr'
  • craigspaterson33
    craigspaterson33 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, Tofu, Beans/Legumes, Brown Rice & Black Beans. And of course lots of leafy greens. The ratio of protein to calorie with these types of food items are great.
  • daisyfields79
    daisyfields79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice :)