Do you ever get hungry but don't feel like eating anything?

Options
2»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Nope. I find something to eat when I'm hungry. That does sound like depression.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're tired from eating the same stuff. happened to me this week. I had a slice of bread with peanut butter that I just got, had not eaten that in 5 months, and so when I ate it, it was the best thing ever. so find something new you can eat. it will spark you. it doesn't have to be fattening. go to the store and try some new fruit or vegetables or some new kind of meat or maybe a new yogurt, of which there are a jillion kinds in the store.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Happened to me last night, only had a small amount of food in the afternoon, Went for a walk so I had a few almond and then some pretzels and then I made a package of instant pudding. I had the calories I needed to eat and just watched some TV and ate about 300 calories in pudding. Not the healthiest thing in the world, but I was feeling off yesterday.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    That happens to me occasionally. Usually when I'm in a bad mood or very tired. I typically go for comfort foods that are quick and easy in those situations. Grilled cheese, pbj sandwich, canned refried beans and cheese and salsa w chips, if we have leftover meat I like to dice it up and mix into a can of black beans, canned venison with bbq sauce sandwich, scrambled eggs with cheese and salsa, goat cheese and sweet pickles on crackers or something like that.
  • ericads75
    ericads75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YES. My lack of interest in food is medication related and daily. While the associated weight loss has been welcome, it's very frustrating. (13 pounds in one month) When you stand in front of your fridge and the normal things you love are so unappealing or even nauseating......GRRRRRR. Even my 8 year old has asked why I don't get iced coffee each afternoon anymore!

I have a handful of things that do appeal to me pretty regularly and they've become my go-to items. Thankfully they are not sweets and junk, but I'm pretty much living on protein shakes, cheese and crackers, some egg dishes, and a few fruits/veggies. If there is something moderately appealing to you, maybe look for a new recipe that uses it. If you think this is depression-related to your depression, I would encourage you to see your doctor. Best of luck to you.