Weird foot pain

Options
2»

Replies

• antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I invested in insoles...not super expensive but bought from a running store along with good shoes and my feet are so much better now!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    mmsmfp wrote: »
    Does plantar fasciitis just come on suddenly? I do have super flat feet, like almost no arch whatsoever, so I will definitely try the arch supports. Is there a specific brand that is better? Thanks for responding!

The ones you get at a podiatrist. They are custom to your feet. They are more expensive, but risking foot injury from bad support isn't worth the money saved on generic supports.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mmsmfp wrote: »
    Does plantar fasciitis just come on suddenly? I do have super flat feet, like almost no arch whatsoever, so I will definitely try the arch supports. Is there a specific brand that is better? Thanks for responding!

Just something to think about... Flat feet/no arches is not necessarily a disorder that needs to be "fixed". Putting in hard arch supports where no arch exists is going to HURT. You will likely eventually get used to it, but unless you have an issue that needs to be corrected (PF can be "fixed" without arch supports and is not caused by flat feet), dont fix something not broken.

PF is due to a shortening of the fascia that goes across the bottom of your foot, then ripping when you stand back up on it. Stretches, a tennis ball, night boots or other method of keeping your feet bent to avoid the shrinking - all will help "fix" it. You dont NEED arches. Having strong feet is important, and sometimes fallen arches or flat feet do cause other issues such as knee and hip problems due to your method of walking (overpronation). You can focus on walking more on the outside of your feet (a subtle difference, not a duck walk) and they will strengthen and fix some of that - it is a habit you can change in time with some effort.

Not saying do not go to the podiatrist or anything, but do some research and be wary of any doc who wants to "fix" your flat feet just on principle, not because they should be.

A starting point for reading - I dont endorse this site or anything, its just food for thought and something to get you strarted thinking and researching on your own ... http://www.drgangemi.com/health-articles/general-health/flat-feet/