Strong Curves at home?

Options
Hello, I'm curious about the Strong Curves program and have questions for anyone familiar with it.

Do I need to do it at the gym? I have a gym membership, but I don't know anyone there and feel really intimidated by the strength training section. It's always overrun by teenage boys and dudebros.

I know it has an at home workout, but that is lower body only. Would it be possible to do the full body programs at home without buying a bunch of equipment? I've been thinking about getting a BodyBoss home gym, would it be hard to adapt the workouts to something like that?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It can definitely be done at home. There is a lower body only but the bodyweight program is actually full body.

Even if you start off small.. a bench, maybe some adjustable dumbbells, bands.. you can make it work. The index is really helpful for substitutions!
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I must have looked at the index wrong, I thought it said the bodyweight program was lower body only.

I've been looking into getting dumbbells and a bench. Maybe I can start with the bodyweight program and add the other stuff a little at a time.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I would personally just use the gym...
    You are already paying for a membership, and it sounds like you are there regularly. Why spend money on equipment at home? (Or alternately, do the workouts at home with little to no equipment, when you have everything you need readily available?)
    I know the weights section looks intimidating, but it's really not so bad. Just do your thing, you have the same right to be there as anyone else. You might even find that the regulars are quite nice and willing to help you if you have questions.