Please tell me your success stories, tips, tricks and advice. Would love to read them and apply them

Options
Hello I'm Sam:)
I am trying to lose 23lbs. Lol notice I said trying. Many of you have success stories, tips and tricks, and advice on losing weight. I would love to read and apply it :) Thanks in adnvance☺️

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I suggest you read the sticky posts at the top of each forum, browse the threads with titles of interest to you, and read the success Stories forum at least once a week. You will get lots of tips and advice and inspiration. Then when you have a specific question, start your own thread if there is not already on ths fhat topic, there usually is. Have fun exploring this site!
  • laurenmjenkin
    laurenmjenkin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I lost 25 kilos 3 years ago and am still stable, also lean and fit. I simply did two things; made food and exercise a life style and included advice people lived by in the "olden days". My top tips for exercise include:
    walk everywhere you can use stairs etc do intentional exercise at very minimum 3 times a week
    Include a good cardio for calorie burn and weight work ( muscles burn fat)
    Mix up kinds of workouts to prevent boredom and target other facets, try something new and challenging
    Concentrate on fit not fat
    Don't get ung up on scales, dropping a jean size is the best!
    Work out smarter and harder, not longer
    Top tips for food:
    Control portion size
    Plenty of vege and protein, fruit
    Limit empty carbs, swap say sand which for eg rivitta, mayonnaise for yoghurt, choose low GI
    Calorie count? Ppl think about that in unusefulvwayscsimetimes. Find yr food evils eg say can coke 140 calories. if you have a coke a day that's 980 calories. You could save 840 calories by giving up 6 cokes!!! Get it?
    Eat 3 meals 2 snacks s day, a snack is not a meal but what u can fit in your fist eg almonds
    Plenty of sleep
    Drink plenty of water, it curbs hunger
    Chew food slowly, pay attention eg no tv that way you will know when you are full and won't over eat
    If you've been good have that treat one a week why not?
    Fall off the wagon? Don't keep pulling that thread. Just be good the next day, don't freak then sabotage yourself.

Find like people and a determined mind, I notice friends and family can unintentionally sabotage your goals as well

Just try that everyday as your lifestyle, any thing you can do however small do it
    Good luck!