Lose 20 pounds by mid-December

Options
tisdalla
tisdalla Posts: 32 Member
Hi - I'm a 41 yo mom of 4. My kids range in age from 3-10. I have been struggling with my weight since I started having children. I am currently 165 at 5'4". I feel badly about my body and how I look and as I get older I am worried more about my health. I struggle with my eating - restricting and binging in turn. I also struggled with bulimia in college so disordered eating is something I am always dealing with. I would like to lose around 30-40 pounds with a goal if 20 by mid-December which is a loss of one pound per week. I'd really love some support cleaning up my eating and getting on a regular exercise program. My youngest child is heading to preschool 3 days/week this fall so I'll have a bit more time to focus on my health. Please add me if you have similar stats & goals:)

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Your goal of losing 1 pound per week sounds very reasonable. I am sure if you follow this MFP logging program you will succeed. You're going to hear a lot about how all you need to do to lose weight is to be in a calorie deficit. But exercise will make you feel better, which is a benefit in and of itself. If you're new to exercise, start slow. Walking 30 minutes a day to start is good. My advice here is to get yourself a new pair of shoes, preferably at a store that is specifically geared to people who run. You'll be much more likely to avoid pain in your knees, shins and hips with properly fitting shoes.
  • DianaGabriela2013
    DianaGabriela2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also a mom of 4. Mine range from 6 yr old - infant (3 months old) so its REALLY hard for me to get exercise in at the moment. But I am changing my diet and so far I have lost 1.2 pounds a week. ( I do walk 30 minutes a day)
    I am no nutritionists or fitness expert so I needed some guidelines to know what to eat. I am following a book called 17 day diet which is really just cylces of 17 days with the ultimate goal of getting you to eat balanced meals and proper food portions. It worked in the past and I am two weeks in and have lost 2.4 pounds so its working again, the best thing about it is that it does NOT leave me hungry.
    I do plan on adding exercise to my routine in a month or so once my baby is not waking so much at night. And most importantly to KEEP LOGGING my food when I reach maintenance. I think that was my downfall before..or getting pregnant can't remember.
  • 2svelte
    2svelte Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I too want to lose between 10-15 lbs before Christmas, or even before it gets cold so I can fit back into my winter pants. I've been doing the MFP and trying the Keto diet for about 2 weeks. I've also been trying to get back to the gym for exercise and strength training. I think support groups really work.
  • goalpeace
    goalpeace Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I would love to reach that goal with you!!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I have also been trying to get back to better eating, gym, etc...would love to hit that goal with you guys!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. Going grocery shopping tonight to stock up and then starting tomorrow. 20 weeks to Christmas!
  • The_Weaze
    The_Weaze Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That's my plan too....15-20 by December. 3 boys here.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I'll join in, I have 15 more to lose but having a hard time with doing it
  • tisdalla
    tisdalla Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yay! I have one more vacation coming up but I'm hoping to stay on track with a few treats. Hoping to get a lot of exercise in while I'm on holiday as well! Looking forward to dropping this weight:)
  • optomise
    optomise Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's my goal too I'm in
  • Leroyoliver
    Leroyoliver Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm in! That's a great goal and totally doable. We can do this, just keep tracking and keep moving! I'm back after losing the same 10-15 lbs. three times! But now it's 20..... Looking for support. Diary open
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I would love to see myself 20lbs down by xmas... instead of 15-20lbs up like I usually am by that time of year!
  • lidufty99
    lidufty99 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be included as this is a huge goal for me! I have three kids and would love some other mommy friends to support and go through this journey with!
  • tsiawalatowa
    tsiawalatowa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to join you all. I've gained 8 pounds since I started my new job in November and I need to get that back off plus more.
  • sw33tpotato
    sw33tpotato Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 34, just had baby 2. I feel gross - my back hurts, my hip hurts, my knee hurts. My goal is to lose 20 lbs of fat - I don't mind if I weigh the same but I want it to be muscle instead of jiggle :) I'm breastfeeding so I found my bmr and added 500 calories, I think that should work? I'm going to try for a week and see if I get results and tweak from there.
    I'd love to have some accountability/motivation buddies.

Bikinis for christmas!!