Am I too skinny and underweight?

Options
2»

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Judging strictly by your height and weight I would not think you were too skinny. But a lot depends on how you keep your weight that low. How fit are you? Do you exercise regularly? The dizzy spells could be an indication that you are eating too little, or could be something else.

When I was your age my BMI was a little lower than yours and I was quite fit. I didn't starve myself or anything I was just very active.

I was exercising everyday however my parents made me stop exercising to gain weight however my weight has continued to decrease. I haven't worked out in about a month now

how many calories do you eat per day?

I was trying to eat 1000 however now I have increased it to 2000

Are you actually eating 2,000? For how many days have you hit 2,000?

Tbh I rarely hit 2000. I tend to go over that once a week as a cheat day but on average I eat between 1200-1500

That is not enough for someone of your age and height. Stop starving yourself!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Judging strictly by your height and weight I would not think you were too skinny. But a lot depends on how you keep your weight that low. How fit are you? Do you exercise regularly? The dizzy spells could be an indication that you are eating too little, or could be something else.

When I was your age my BMI was a little lower than yours and I was quite fit. I didn't starve myself or anything I was just very active.

I was exercising everyday however my parents made me stop exercising to gain weight however my weight has continued to decrease. I haven't worked out in about a month now

Tbh I rarely hit 2000. I tend to go over that once a week as a cheat day but on average I eat between 1200-1500

and that's why her parents have stopped her exercising...
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options

and that's why her parents have stopped her exercising...

^^^

You need to see a doctor because from the sounds of it, you've developed disordered/eating disorder habits. You're dizzy and feel tired but that can't get you to budge from eating 1200-1500 calories? I'm only a bit taller than you and weigh 9st 13lbs, eating 2000cals a day with no exercise so either way you're eating much too low and not even your parents stopping you from exercising has reached you. Time to take a real hard look at what you're doing to yourself.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Stopping exercise won't make you healthier. Especially if you're skinny, resistance training will help you build/maintain muscle mass and bone density. Being sedentary can have detrimental effects on your body even if you're skinny. Have you ever tried more resistance/HIIT training coupled with increased calorie intake?

It does sound however like you have no idea what your baseline health status is; in this case, please see a doctor just to assess that everything is okay and to make sure that they approve any exercise regimen you undertake.
  • cqbkaju
    cqbkaju Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Sounds like you may have some sort of eating disorder.
    See a therapist and start eating properly.

What is your body fat percentage?
    Start lifting relatively heavy weights to add some muscle mass.
    Something in the 5RM to 8RM range will probably work fine.

Read "Thinner Leaner Stronger" and apply it.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would be more concerned as to whether you have any eating disordered thinking since losing weight...if you are getting dizzy, it suggests that you have lost weight in an unhealthy manner. Are you struggling to stop dieting?