Trying to choose a protein powder

Options
2»

Replies

• nanahana
    nanahana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also rely on protein powder to reach my protein goal- I eat mostly a vegan diet and really like Naturade and Sunwarrior vanilla flavored which are 2 plant based powders. Before I head out for my morning run, I throw a scoop of powder, cold coffee and a couple of ice cubes in the Nutriblast. Nature's perfect food- caffeine and protein and it tastes yummy and is easy to digest so I'm not running on empty.
  • pbryd
    pbryd Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Go to myprotein and order some impact whey in a flavour of your choice.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    czmiles926 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I'll follow some of the advice and try and increase my protein intake by eating more high protein foods instead of a protein powder (my mum was also against the idea of a protein powder because of how artificial they are).
    I've started having a fried egg with my breakfast and I'll look into the Edamame beans - I'd never heard of them before!

Great choice! Find them in the frozen vegetable section or with the nuts or bulk in dried form, sometimes salted. If you get the frozen ones, just thaw them out and snack like peas.
  • sewbank2934
    sewbank2934 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    3 x protein shacks a day for me iso100 + 1 pot of skyr yogurt which gives me 40g's
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Another vote for MyProtein here. I use unflavoured whey isolate- a couple of scoops is around 50g of protein. Also Greek yoghurt. Personally I loathe it but it's higher in protein than ordinary yoghurt.
    Edit to add : whey isolate powder is no more artificial than any other food and the unflavoured one has nothing added.
  • sewbank2934
    sewbank2934 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The SKYR with honey aint bad.....