Savory Mini Pies to Go - 57 cal each!

Options
phurst00
phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
Found this on Pinterest 6 months ago and finally tried the recipe today, and it's yummy! I made my mini pies with chicken and broccoli but you can get very creative with the ingredients. Here's the link to the original recipe by Betty Crocker:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/Tips/TipsLibrary/Cooking-Tips/Create-Your-Own-Signature-Mini-Pie

Here's a quick summary of the recipe I picked:

1/2 cup pancake mix
1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
2 eggs
1 cup chicken
1 cup broccoli
a little garlic and onion

I had chicken already cooked (I cook a few pounds at once and freeze in baggies) so I just sauteed the onions and garlic, then added broccoli and chicken for a few minutes just to heat up. Mixed the pancake mix, milk and eggs in a bowl, and sprayed my muffin pan with fat free cooking spray. Here's how you layer it in each muffin cup:

1 tablespoon baking mix
1/4 cup chicken & broccoli
1 tablespoon baking mix on top

Cook for 20-30 minutes on 375 degrees. They only took about 10 minutes at 350 degrees in my oven, but... my oven is bad. We'll just leave it at that.

Here are the nutritional figures (will vary a bit depending on the type of pancake mix and milk you use):

57 calories
2g total fat
44.5 cholesterol
86mg sodium
4.6g carb
5.5g protein

The best part is that once they're done cooking and cool enough to pop out of the muffin pan, you can freeze them!

Replies