let me know when you find the answer! :wink:
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way... :'(
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    A terrific woman by my side. I was married but it didn't work out. We have a kid together and I love him to death but I need companionship. Someone to talk to other than a 6 yr old. Someone to spend time with, do things with, travel, listen to...
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    be patient and more confident
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    A terrific woman by my side. I was married but it didn't work out. We have a kid together and I love him to death but I need companionship. Someone to talk to other than a 6 yr old. Someone to spend time with, do things with, travel, listen to...

Sorry that your marriage didn't work out. What have you done to try to find happiness?
  • Slendermike
    Options
    I am confident, patience lol, patience is a downfall.
  • Slendermike
    Options
    I have tried to meet new people, there have been a few that I thought were good. Most women my age don't want a 6 yr old in their life either.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    cause you lookin in the wong pwaces :P
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for love in too many faces? All the wrong places?
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Go to a bar and seak out a old alcoholic looking person. Drunk old guys, in my experience, are friendly talkative folk.
  • Slendermike
    Options
    cause you lookin in the wong pwaces :P

Been to bars, been set up by friends, blind dates... I am ugly?
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Don't look...it will find you. :heart:
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    maybe you should find a few female or friends in general to talk to or hang out with that maybe can offer some type of companionship..and just let love find you..youre a package deal if they cant deal with you having a child thats 6 then they prob arent worth it in the long run...good luck...you seem like a very nice guy
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have tried to meet new people, there have been a few that I thought were good. Most women my age don't want a 6 yr old in their life either.

Maybe you are just looking in the wrong places? As for having a child, I just looked at your profile to see what age you are, I suspect there are a lot of women in your age group that are also in the same situation (single with kids). How do you feel about getting involved with a women with kids of her own?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You are seeking happiness in big. That is a mistake many unhappy people make. You are looking at others and thinking "I want that". No. That isn't happiness. That is envy. And while there is nothing wrong with trying to get there, many people forget that in order to get there, you need to enjoy the happiness in little doses life gives you.

Happiness is watching your 3 years old nephew steal your ice cream and running around. Not even eating it, just running from me because its funny for him.

Happiness is hanging out with your friends.

Happiness is making your friends laugh at the expense of looking like an idiot.

Happiness is a choice. I know depression and it isn't fun. I still battle with it hard and every day. But I have learned to appreciate the little things and that seemed to have made things better. I hope you find happiness too.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    It's because you're looking.
  • Slendermike
    Options
    Don't look...it will find you. :heart:

I hope so...
  • Slendermike
    Options

Maybe you are just looking in the wrong places? As for having a child, I just looked at your profile to see what age you are, I suspect there are a lot of women in your age group that are also in the same situation (single with kids). How do you feel about getting involved with a women with kids of her own?

I have dated women with kids, I LOVE kids. Just haven't found the right woman yet, they like my kid but it just doesnt happen for me.