Best time to weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    HarlemNY17 wrote: »
    first thing when you wake up . Weighting yourself hours after you get up and eaten you will see fluctuations on the scale.

You are always weighing yourself in the context of a fluctuation because you are not a constant weight. It's a band - not a specific number. And guess what? You can't time the fluctuations.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    HarlemNY17 wrote: »
    first thing when you wake up . Weighting yourself hours after you get up and eaten you will see fluctuations on the scale.

You are always weighing yourself in the context of a fluctuation because you are not a constant weight. It's a band - not a specific number. And guess what? You can't time the fluctuations.

Yeah, I usually weigh myself in the gym at my office around 10:00 am after breakfast and fully clothed. The fluctuations I've seen over the last few months aren't any more than I'd expect at any time. Except for casual Fridays when I wear jeans and boots - I don't weigh those days. I know I'll be a little lighter if I weighted nude first thing in the am but I like not having a scale at home, and since I usually see my doctor around the same time and am weighed clothed there, I like that it stays roughly consistent.