Adding food after closing out food a food diary

Options
Polo265
Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
After completing my food diary, I sometimes eat a snack. Unfortunately, the weekly report does not reflect the changes to the food diary of that day, only the net calories at the end of the given day when I closed it out. Is there a way to get the correct amount to be reflected in the reports? The only solution I can think of us to add them to the next day for an accurate weekly calorie total.

Replies

• canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Can you not add the snack then resubmit? Don't snack after completing diary!!
  • Polo265
    Options
    I can add the snack and it shows on that day. However, when I go the weekly reports to see the calories for the week, it is not reflected on that day. Apparently it doesn't transfer to the report section. You're right I shouldn't eat after completing diary. That has been a bad habit of mine contributing to weight gain.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Polo265 wrote: »
    After completing my food diary, I sometimes eat a snack. Unfortunately, the weekly report does not reflect the changes to the food diary of that day, only the net calories at the end of the given day when I closed it out. Is there a way to get the correct amount to be reflected in the reports? The only solution I can think of us to add them to the next day for an accurate weekly calorie total.

The report does reflect changes as long as you sinc the app if you add food on your pc.
  • Polo265
    Options
    How do you sync the app?
  • NikosEspada
    NikosEspada Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Why not complete your food diary the next day? That way you can't miss anything.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How do you sync the app?

Just refreshing it does it for me?
  • Polo265
    Options
    While I'm talking about the weekly reports, I'm confused about the calories and net calories reports. The calories report reflect the actual number of calories I ate. I eat back my exercise calories, so the amount of calories I eat is always higher than my set amount of 1200. I get that. Yesterday I ate 1407 calories, but I had an allowance of 1669 with my exercise calories, so I had 262 remaining to eat. On the net calorie report, it is showing my goal of 1200 calories minus the 262 I had left to eat. So my net calories for yesterday was 938. I don't understand net calories. Could someone explain?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    While I'm talking about the weekly reports, I'm confused about the calories and net calories reports. The calories report reflect the actual number of calories I ate. I eat back my exercise calories, so the amount of calories I eat is always higher than my set amount of 1200. I get that. Yesterday I ate 1407 calories, but I had an allowance of 1669 with my exercise calories, so I had 262 remaining to eat. On the net calorie report, it is showing my goal of 1200 calories minus the 262 I had left to eat. So my net calories for yesterday was 938. I don't understand net calories. Could someone explain?

Net calories is total calories eaten minus calories burned from exercise. So 1407 minus the 469 calories you earned is 938 net calories. Ideally you want the net calories to be as close to your goal as possible (especially if you're set to 1200).
  • Polo265
    Options
    Ohhhhh - thank you Malibu. :)