If you lose weight, you will....

Options
2»

Replies

• moontyrant
    moontyrant Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    :noway:
    My face when actual adults pick apart and analyze an article from YAHOO of all places. Everyone, it's an article someone cobbled together real fast in LIST FORMAT about reasons to lose weight. The actual reasons to lose weight are as follows:
    Be healthier long term
    Be smaller.
    That's a boring list. It doesn't drive revenue to Yahoo. The list they put together did, however, make quite a few people break out their reasoning skills to say "Someone is wrong on the Internet!" Here's a rule of thumb for everyone who has never surfed the web before: someone is always wrong on the Internet, any article that is written in list format needs to be taken with the world's biggest grain of salt.
    So if my wonderful, brilliant, smexy, thoughtful, kind MFPers could go ahead and bring their collective blood pressure to normal levels by not being personally affronted by an article from Yahoo, that would be smashing.:flowerforyou:
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I stopped reading based on the fact that the first two reasons to lose weight were to look good for others and to be able to have skinny friends. Those are terrible, terrible reasons to base your health goals on. Terrible. This isn't motivating, it's disgusting.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Lots of stupid *kitten* on that list.
    Also I love my huge granny panties even if I am 122 lbs.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options

• If you lose weight, you will live longer.
    Unless you get hit by a bus
    I was going to say that, lol