Lookinf for help/advice!!

Options
Hello I am new to this. I am looking for some help/advice. It seems like every time I start/try to eat right i severely over think it and never really get going. I am looking for help in breakfast ideas and lunch ideas.

I do not like oatmeal or cereal really. And for some reason I wont let myself have eggs for breakfast and meat for lunch and supper its weird I know but I never really did eat that way. I was thinking i need a set breakfast and lunch to make it easy for me to start. I was thinking yogurt and berries for breakfast but that wont be enough calories. And a sandwich and veggies for lunch(will have).

Myfitness pal set my calories at 2600 so yogurt and berries would be more of a snack towards calories then a meal.

I would like if some members could share what there meals were today. I would also like to know if any members would let me add them as a friend so i could see their food logs for ideas. I figure the easier i start off the day food wise the easier it will be to keep at it.

Please any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.

Replies

• rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious, how old are you?
    I can't believe you don't like eggs
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Eat more yoghurt and berries? There is no set serve size. Then add protein powder, PB etc to the yoghurt. Add chopped nuts/seeds with the fruit, use banana with the berries.

Eat what you like for meals, in portion sizes to suit your requirements. There is no "breakfast" food, think outside the traditional box.
  • dieorloseit
    dieorloseit Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I do like eggs i just for some reason do not want to have eggs for breakfast and meat with both lunch and supper. Thanks
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There really is a world of food for you to choose from. Start by eating appropriate amounts of what you like and then experiment with stuff you haven't tried before. You might find that you like stuff you didn't know you would.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Try crumbling a granola bar over your yogurt and berries. I find that 1 cup of seedless grapes or blueberries, plus one 6oz container of Greek yogurt, plus one granola bar usually comes in at 290-320 calories (depending on weight of fruit and flavor of bar).

My diary is public if you'd like (vegetarian) ideas. Saturdays are more indulgent days, in terms of not trying to hit nutritional targets, though I keep within my calories.
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Why limit your breakfast option to typical breakfast foods? Today I made tuna salad (6 oz tuna, egg, crushed pickle, mustard) for breakfast. If you feel like pot roast for breakfast, have pot roast. Especially if it's leftovers, then it's easy to just reheat.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Challenge yourself to try new things (I believe that's what you're doing by starting this thread) but also to deliberately not eat "right". It's okay to prefer some kind of setup over another, but challenge the "can't have".

As already mentioned, you decide what food you eat, and the amounts you eat of each item adds up to your daily total. You could have vegetarian supper, and meat/fish/eggs for breakfast/lunch if that feels more balanced. There are no food rules. I think the availability of foods and the funds to choose freely what to eat, is one of our modern world's greatest privileges.

What do you like? What have you eaten before? Would it be impossible to build on that, if so, why?

Because I think it's important that you learn to trust your own judgement and stop the overthinking, but I also don't mind sharing ideas, I'm going against my principles a bit here.

If you don't like oatmeal or cereal, porridge is out. Sandwich would then be my runner up for breakfast - I have preferences too - and then have something else for lunch instead - combine and add other stuff, these are just things I often eat, and I always include fresh fruit and raw vegetables:
    noodles
    salad
    omelet or boiled egg (ok for lunch, right?)
    smoothie
    jasmine rice, banana slices and peanuts
    pasta shapes with walnuts and parmesan
    spinach pie
    baked beans
    the omnipresent yogurt, with addons
    cheese+fruit/nuts