Im confused

Options
Im 3 pounds lighter than what I was yesterday .Is this correct or incorrect.This is according to the scales

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    could be correct or incorrect (depending on accuracy of scale), but even if it is correct, you didn't lose 3 lbs of fat in a day if that is what you asking - your body fluctuates weight daily - this is normal.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Are you asking if your scale is accurate? How would we know?
    Supposing that it is, and you weighed yourself accurately yesterday and today, then it's obviously correct. You're 3 lbs lighter.

Not 3 pounds of fat, but 3 pounds of fat, water, undigested food, most likely.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Gibby349 wrote: »
    Im 3 pounds lighter than what I was yesterday .Is this correct or incorrect.This is according to the scales

Same scale? Same time of day under same conditions?
    It is what you weighed on the scale at that time. Have you been weighing yourself everyday for awhile or just started?

You might use something like trendweight, weight grapher or happy scale to help you see what your weight loss trend is over time.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    It can happen. Easily. Not every day, and not on command, but it can happen easily.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    I can go up and down by 5 or 6 pounds from one day to the next. It's just random fluctuation, mostly water weight. Don't let it worry you.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    If you weigh in daily... take an average once/week or every 10 days, otherwise the fluctuations will drive you crazy... be consistent... weigh in naked after your morning "routine"
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    On Friday I decided to treat myself to a small bbq chicken pizza. I ate all six slices and was over my maintenance calories by ~600. Due to that and the sodium, yesterday morning I weighed in at 117.9 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 114.5 which is closer to my average weight. Don't let fluctuations confuse you too much. Weight is not static and is influenced by a multitude of factors.