Fitter for 50 and Forever

Hi
In 3 years I turn 50, after losing 4 stone through a slimming club, running a couple of 5km's as I went along, I hit a wall of lack of motivation and interest. I noticed weight creeping back on, I realized my lifestyle was becoming a sedentary one and old eating habits were re-emerging slowly.
So I got a personal trainer, who guided me towards MFP and I am loving it. I didn't want to focus on weight loss, I just want to be healthier and fitter...weight loss will be part of that.
I am at the early stages, finding out what my body needs/doesn't need, what exercise I love and don't, finding out that gym equipment is not scary and that I actually don't care that I am red faced, sweaty and wobbling.
Fitter for 50 and forever here I come :smile:

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,246 MFP Moderator
    I love your attitude. Welcome to MFP. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,943 Member
    Lol, it wasn't me was it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Welcome heavenandhell, concentrate on consistency and not intensity. Resist listening to the fitness gurus, quack personal trainers, supplement salesmen and fad dieters. Never worry how you look in the gym or how you're dressed because everyone else is so focused on themselves they notice little to nothing else.