Ideas for quick healthy meals...

Options
Hopefully this idea hasnt been done too recently but i figured why not put down "cheater" ways of making your favorites!

Microwave omelets in a mason jar
Its so easy just 2 minutes of cooking!

Replies

• Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    All of my cooking is actually "assembling." I don't cook protein from raw (besides eggs). I use my toaster oven to cook and I've only turned on my real oven once in the past 4 years. But, I've found that piling everything onto a tray in the toaster oven is a quick and convenient way to make a good tasting meal that is perfectly sized for one. And I don't have to watch any timers or pots. It also means the only dishes I have are the tray (which doubles as a cutting board), a plate, a knife and a fork. Some favorites

chopped potato, broccoli, giardiniera, onion, tomato sauce, italian seasonings and chicken, topped with parmesan
    sweet potato, brussel sprouts, onion, tomato, bbq sauce, veggie burger
    pre-cooked rice, spinach, tomato, onion, pickle, tuna (mixed with mustard and paprika), topped with cheddar
    black beans, cilantro, lime juice, adobo seasoning, chicken, topped with shredded lettuce, and guacamole
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Open cans. Pour contents in pot. Hope for best.
  • MrBromeliad
    MrBromeliad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just discovered microwaving eggs! How did I. Otbknow you could do this?! It's like the best thing that has ever happened to me lol.
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just discovered microwaving eggs! How did I. Otbknow you could do this?! It's like the best thing that has ever happened to me lol.

Lol thats how i felt when i discovered it 2 weeks ago!