Weekly net number

Options
I am 5'6, 39, female trying to safely lose weight. My daily is 1510 with 1-2 hrs of activity and exercise per day. While i understand what the weekly net average number is and how they got it, trying to figure out what mine should be is making my head spin. I am always averaging 1200-1600 under for the net avg every week. I am confused if it should be that much or closer to zero. Help please and thank you.

Replies

• andrea14d
    andrea14d Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    andrea14d wrote: »
    I am 5'6, 39, female trying to safely lose weight. My daily is 1510 with 1-2 hrs of activity and exercise per day. While i understand what the weekly net average number is and how they got it, trying to figure out what mine should be is making my head spin. I am always averaging 1200-1600 under for the net avg every week. I am confused if it should be that much or closer to zero. Help please and thank you.

1-2 hours exercise plus daily housework etc.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm confused by your post. What do you mean by "averaging 1200-1500 under"?

Your weekly net average should be as close as possible to your goal. So in your case, it should be around 1510. It certainly shouldn't be zero.
  • andrea14d
    Options
    I'm confused by your post. What do you mean by "averaging 1200-1500 under"?

Your weekly net average should be as close as possible to your goal. So in your case, it should be around 1510. It certainly shouldn't be zero.

So you know how you can click on nutrition tab and get you net average for the week. It'll say over or under for the weekly average. Im curious what that number should be. The average of all daily net calorie amounts. i thought i saw on another post someone say it should be zero but mine is 1200-1600 range every week. Just wondering if they were right or i am ok with my 12-1600.
  • andrea14d
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Nevermind i got it now.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    I have two different numbers there.

The top one says "Net Calories Over Weekly Goal". You're trying to keep that near zero.

The next one says "Net Average". You're trying to keep that near your goal, so around 1510.

I'm using the Android app, if you're using Apple or the website it may be different.
  • andrea14d
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mine was way off sometimes my net was under up to 10,000 calories/wk. And my net avg was dipping to -1000+ from not eating my exercise calories and staying really active. (Living at the beach helps)
  • andrea14d
    Options
    Ive been upping my calorie intake a lot to cure really overdoing it. That's why i was curious.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Options
    You really need to aim to hit your goals. What you were doing before is undereating and can damage your health as well as undermining your goals. It sounds like you've got that figured out now - so try and stick as close as you can to those weekly goals, don't be too far under.

At the same time, though, make sure you're not overestimating your exercise calories, as that's a very easy mistake to make.
  • andrea14d
    Options
    You really need to aim to hit your goals. What you were doing before is undereating and can damage your health as well as undermining your goals. It sounds like you've got that figured out now - so try and stick as close as you can to those weekly goals, don't be too far under.

At the same time, though, make sure you're not overestimating your exercise calories, as that's a very easy mistake to make.

Thank u for your help