What do your kitchen counters say about you?

Options

Replies

• Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    My counters say that I live with 3 nasty guys who don't know how to clean up after themselves :mad:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I have a huge kitchen and the only thing on the counters are a rice cooker, a Keurig machine (my DW's), knives and my protein powder in a bin!
    And my counters are granite, so I'm just as hard.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I keep as much as possible off the counters...but the one thing that is different is a food steamer...because I have no cupboard space left!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    They say i am a huge slob and don't know how to do the dishes every night. :laugh:
  • phieaglefan
    phieaglefan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    They say that I have too many hens. Right now I have about 2 - 3 dozen eggs sitting on my counters. Also a coffee maker and my food scale. I'm enjoying the responses.
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Wise use of limited space. They love me for that. A spice rack adorns one side of the stove (also little cupboard storage) with my purse usually in front of it and the other side hosts the toaster, a beautiful glass coloured bottle for my olive oil just given to me by my sis and bro in-law plus two sealed glass bottles... one containing sliced lemons and the other slice peppers. Kiddy corner is my knife set, food scale, water filter jug and a mini blender for making my daily morning smoothies. Other side of the sink is the dish rack. Not very exciting but it works. ~
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    On my counter has always been: coffee maker, toaster, sugar bowl and bread. Now there is also a bread box to hide the bread and sugar. (Cuz I can't just get rid of it, I am only one of five here!)
    I have to be honest, recent additions include a stand mixer, toaster oven and a deep fryer :noway: like I said, one of 5. The only one with a weight problem!
  • blessedmomof3girls
    blessedmomof3girls Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It says I'm a mom. Sippy cups, spices, EVOO, mixed nuts, vinegar for cleaning, and a crap ton o dishes from dinner :) A waffle maker, toaster, coffee maker, crockpot, and an empty cookie jar (b/c darn it I refuse to buy any more cookies for a while!).
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Great responses, thanks all!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Working from left to right in a semi-circle around my kitchen (there's a lot of counter space) -
    wireless printer
    pile of printed junk and other stuff
    coupon/pens/pencils in a nice little organizer
    random cooking light-type magazines
    Keurig brewer with pods
    toaster (when it's not put away)
    spice rack spinner
    bucket o' utensils for cooking
    olive oil
    salt and pepper grinder
    (skip over the stove)
    knife block
    heavy-assed thick cutting board with 44 ounce Iron Man cup (that's my daily drinker)
    running junk
    drying rack for the hand-washable stuff
    (skip over the sink)
    Usually a pile of recycleables waiting to be taken out to the garage
  • mommy3457
    mommy3457 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Mine says I'm a mommy who wakes up to make bottles for her baby boy in the morning. Formula and bottles are next to the sink. It is not that big so everything is crammed together, but everything is organized neatly as I like structure. The coffee maker is nearby the sink because my husband and I love to drink coffee. The microwave is my best friend too. I use the stove, but defrosting in the microwave is a major advantage. I guess that means I like to get things done in a hurry which is so very true. I get that from my dad, for better or worse.
  • flupps_
    flupps_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Not sure if my counter says anything about me or not...

Aly5qE8l.jpg
  • KarensCanDoIt
    KarensCanDoIt Posts: 190 Member
    Options

Aly5qE8l.jpg

I'm jealous of your amazing coffee making set-up!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    We cook three meals a day for 8 or 9 people, and I expect the kids to do a fair amount of the cooking and the cleaning. My kitchen counters are a disaster, always have been. But they probably are a more nutritious disaster now. :smile:
  • dorothytd
    dorothytd Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

Aly5qE8l.jpg

Me too! Wow!
  • chainone
    chainone Posts: 42
    Options
    I have a small apartment and not much counter space, so my counter is generally a little chaotic, but it's something I'm getting better at.
    Turning around to look, I have:
    A bottle of oil, my kitchen scale, a broken (and admittedly greasy) spoon rest, a mortar and pestle, a small jar with brown sugar, a dirty oven mitt, my five cutting boards, a tub of butter (not mine!) and the dish rack.

Oh, and dirty dishes. Anybody wanna come wash them?
  • flupps_
    flupps_ Posts: 17 Member
    Options

Aly5qE8l.jpg

Me too! Wow!

It makes this whole thing so much easier, coffee having very little calories!
  • nyssa1231
    nyssa1231 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    i hate clutter, so i try to keep as much as i can in the pantry or in the cupboards. we pretty much only have large appliances on the counter and fruit/veggies that i don't like to have refrigerated. on the counter we have:

food processor
    kitchenaid mixer
    toaster oven
    breadmaker
    bowl of bananas, avocados, onions and garlic
    espresso maker (for him)
    electric kettle for making tea (for me)

things that i use all the time that are small enough to keep in the cupboards:

juicer
    immersion blender
    yogurt maker
  • disgruntledone
    disgruntledone Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I cant stand clutter either but the closest cabinets to my reach have everything I need other than my food scale that stays on the counter
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Most notably, a drip coffeemaker and a Tassimo- for when I have to one- cup it! Also, a microwave and a toaster. Don't forget my dragonfly. Love my dragonfly!