Discouraged and Looking for Support

Options
For the last 7 months I've managed to get 80 pounds off. However, I'm feeling stuck, flabby, and still not where I want to be in terms of physical fitness. I'd love some pointers on how to remotivate myself, get over this hump, and stop the tears every time I look in the mirror. I could really use some supportive MFP friends. :)

Replies

• changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Lift weights!
  • VeronicaA76
    VeronicaA76 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Lift weights!

Exactly!!!!! Or more to the point, it's time to change your workout.

Had a bit of an epiphany when someone asked me, "How do you expect to change, if you don't change.". Well, no skit!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    For the last 7 months I've managed to get 80 pounds off. However, I'm feeling stuck, flabby, and still not where I want to be in terms of physical fitness. I'd love some pointers on how to remotivate myself, get over this hump, and stop the tears every time I look in the mirror. I could really use some supportive MFP friends. :)

What are your fitness goals? Focus on them instead of just your weight for a while.
  • Crushingit22
    Crushingit22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    If you're working out in a gym, walk over to the dumbell rack, unrack 2 40lb dumbbells and walk with them for about 20 feet and then rerack them. Then realize that's the weight you used to carry previously. You've done this already. So it's not a matter of IF you can, but whether or not you are COMMITTED to doing more. There will be obstacles and deterrences along the way, however successful people find a way to get past them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Well said!!! Best comment I have read. Puts it all in perspective.