Exercise with a knee injury

2»

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    SonyaCele wrote: »

Agree have heard of many people exercising with an ACL/MCL issue. Point is, before one does it, they should get their doctor/PT advice on appropriate exercises.

The following was from the link you posted.

Each patient and injury will be different so always take the advice of your medical professional or surgeon. See acl rehabilitation program for an overview of when each exercises fits in.

sure one "should" get the dr pt advice, but 99% of the time they are gonna tell you to do the generic exercises on any webpage you google for acl injuries. if you dont get a dr advice, its not the end of the world.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    No acl in my right knee - I manage mostly but trust me, if you have a partial tear you do not want a full tear, so be careful. I can pop my knee out while just swinging my legs out of bed in the morning if I'm not careful.

Get a knee brace with side support and wear it while you do anything that puts pressure on your knees.

Cycling is great for bad knees, I can cycle comfortably when I can't do anything else.

Lifting is fine IF YOUR KNEE IS IN ALIGNMENT. But with a bad acl it's easy for it to get out of alignment. If it's being wonky, don't. You will hurt other parts of your knee. Do a toddler squat and sit there and think about whether it feels smooth getting up and down before you do anything heavy.