Protein Pancakes

Options
Fitness_with_John_
Fitness_with_John_ Posts: 13 Member
Alright, so for this you'll need a blender and some measuring cups. The ingredients are 2 egg whites, one egg yolk (with or without egg whites it's optional), 4 teaspoons of your favorite oats, 2 cups (the ones that come with it) of your favorite protein shake. Then add 8 ounces of milk (I used 2% fat free).

My preferred protein would be muscle tech vanilla gold protein powder, two scoops of that would be around 48g of protein. The oats I used were simply instant oats so you don't need anything too expensive. Blend until you get a good mix, something semi-thick similar to pancake batter.

With the ingredients you would have enough to make at least two large pancakes. I would recommend vanilla protein vs chocolate as I'm not a fan of chocolate and I never tasted it in the form of these pancakes.

If you have syrup near by go ahead and use that, but I'm sure there's a way to make a healthy replacement for that somewhere online. If not add butter on top or eat it dry (like I did).

The pancakes ended up coming out great, and it's a perfect meal to start out the day for someone who's bulking.

Calories: 746

Macros: Carbs 74g Fat 17g Protein 72g

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I eat protein pancakes when dieting... It's a great meal for anyone!
    I use egg whites, oats, green banana flour, WPI, and zucchini.

Cook them and spread with various things - PB&J, sugar free choc spread, speculoos spread, even just butter is delicious!
  • ezahorodny1712
    ezahorodny1712 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like to used flapjacked mix or kodiak cakes when i don't have a lot of time