Holidays

Options
Hi guys,

I need your help!!

I am going on holiday soon for three weeks, and I think we are likely to be eating out every night... how can I stop myself from putting weight on?? I don't eat meat so tend to go for the healthier option anyway but I am worried about the lack of control I will have over my diet... Any advice?

Thankks :smile:

x

Replies

• la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Exercise first thing every morning and then the eating won't be so bad. - Exercise at least all your breakfast calories, that way it is like you can have another meal. Eat a smart breakfast, and lots of water. I have been away a few times recently (Florida, Vegas) and this has worked. You won't have to worry about the other meals so much that way.
    You can always go for an after dinner stroll for 100 calorie burn!
    Have fun
  • JudyQ
    JudyQ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    If you are eating at fast food places, try to stick to Subway, Donairs, and any place with lots of unlimited veggies. Buy those big bags of baby carrots, snap peas and celery so that you have something to chew all the time. Celery is great with the ceasar drink because you get more veggies than bad stuff.

Stay Busy!! Go swimming, golfing, play pool or ring toss, badminton. Anything to keep your hands busy and your mind off food.

Drink TONS of water (not beer!) and remember to snack on small stuff often, at least every three hours so that you do not get too hungry at any one time.

For fanicer restaurants, have them package up half the dinner for you, or share one with someone to save money (then they won't think about calories!). Good Luck, I am going on Vacation too! JudyQ
  • JudyQ
    JudyQ Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "Eat Out Smart" Strategies
    by Dotti

How many of you love to eat out but are afraid because you think you'll go off your Program? Well, I'm here to tell you it doesn't have to be that way. You can eat out, stay on Program and believe it or not, enjoy yourself! Restaurants are in the business of creating meals that will taste great. Unfortunately, fat is a big ingredient of many of the meals served at the restaurants because it makes food taste good and keeps food moist. We have to be armed with smart techniques while eating out so we can enjoy ourselves and stay on Program.

Let's look at some of the strategies we can use to "Eat Out Smart."

Use the 3-bite rule—Enjoy what you want but keep it to only 3 bites. It's said that you get the most enjoyment from foods in the first 3 bites. After that you are just 'eating' to eat. Save the next 3 bites for something else you might want to eat.

Wear snug-fitting clothes when eating out—Believe it or not you will eat less if your clothes are snug-fitting. Try it! When you are uncomfortable it's hard to eat a lot. Plus, the snug-fitting clothes will remind you that you want to lose a few more pounds.

Ask for water right away—Drink down a glass of water while you are looking over the menu. Water helps you to feel 'full,' and you will be more likely to eat less if you drink more water.

Be assertive; you are the customer—Do not be afraid to ask for your meal to be the way you want it. I routinely ask for my salad dressing on the side, no croutons. If there are sauces included I always ask for them on the side. Remember the restaurant staff is there to please you, the customer.

Ask for only half the meal to be served—Sometimes when I eat out I ask the waitress if she could ask the cook to bring me half of what I ordered; this way I am watching my portion size and the food is not going to waste. Most times the restaurants have no problem with this especially because I am paying for the whole meal. Also, if this cannot be done, I eat half of the meal and then ask the waitress to immediately take the plate away (otherwise I WILL eat the whole thing). Be aware of your weaknesses and don't set yourself up!

Pour salt on unwanted food—When you have decided you do not want any more of your meal pour salt on the remaining food. This will keep you from nibbling the food you no longer want.

Ask for a senior meal—A lot of restaurants will let you order off of the senior menu, which offers a much smaller portion of the same food you would order off the regular menu. Shari's is one restaurant I frequent that never gives me a problem when I do this. Tell them you are on a special diet if you have to.

Split an entree with a friend or your loved one—Al and I have done this often. We will each order a side salad along with one entree, Swiss Burger with Fries. We split the burger and fries. The restaurant will most times bring the entree already split on two plates. Other times, they bring the second plate and we split it. This is usually not a problem especially when you are ordering other things, like our salad and drinks.

Remove the bread/chip basket—I know this is a hard one but when you think about it; where are you by the time your meal actually arrives? On my way to FULL is where I am and I don't enjoy my meal half as much on an almost FULL tummy. If your waitress brings you a bread or chip basket, ask her kindly to remove it from the table. The last time I was at Red Lobster with some good friends who were all on our Journey, I asked the waitress to bring us exactly four (there were four of us) cheddar biscuits and no more. We enjoyed that biscuit and enjoyed our meal because we didn't fill up on the biscuits. We also knew we would have no willpower to resist them as they are our favorite.

Appetizers—Stick to steamed seafood or vegetable-based appetizers. Stay away from fried anything. Stick to a cup instead of a bowl of soup. Keep the soup broth or tomato-based. Or, you can make a meal of a richer soup and a salad.

Fork it—I bet you are wondering what in the world I'm talking about? Salad dressing—always have it on the side, dipping your fork into the dressing before forking up some greens. You'll eat much less dressing this way. Plus, you can have the dressing you want. I eat full fat version of Bleu Cheese but I have very little of it using the fork method—just enough to give me the flavor I want but not enough to wear on my hips, if you know what I mean.

Entrees—best bet? Stick to meat, fish or poultry that is broiled, grilled, baked, steamed or poached. Stay away from fried. Many broiled or grilled entrees are basted with a lot of fat so ask to have your entree prepared without added fat. Select lean cuts of meat and trim away visible fat. Always order the smaller portion of meat, which is usually about 4-5 ozs when cooked.

Vegetables— Make sure the vegetables are not soaked in butter or sauces. Steamed is preferred. I personally would rather have a side salad with the fresh veggies; then I know what I'm getting.

Having some wine—Order your wine by the glass, not the bottle. Dry table wines have half the calories of sweet table wines. Try having a wine spritzer—half wine, half seltzer.

Split a dessert— Al and I love to share our desserts while eating out. We get to enjoy a special dessert with only half the calories. Sorbet or a fruit-based dessert is your best choice but remember this: it becomes a poor choice when you have a heavy cream or sauce added to it.

Portion sizes, order smart—Don't order anything off the menu that describes large portions—jumbo, grande, supreme, king size, feast, or combo. Smaller size portions are usually described as: regular, petite, appetizer size, kiddie, or queen size. Order half, lunch or appetizer-size portions. Another way to get smaller portions is to choose from ala carte/sides. Portions are always oversized so you must be knowledgeable about portion sizes.

1 oz. meat: size of a matchbox
    3 oz. meat: size of a deck of cards or bar of soap—the recommended portion for a meal
    8 oz. meat: size of a thin paperback book
    3 oz. fish: size of a checkbook
    1 oz. cheese: size of 4 dice
    Medium potato: size of a computer mouse
    2 Tbs. peanut butter: size of a ping pong ball
    1 cup pasta: size of a tennis ball
    Average bagel: size of a hockey puck.

Take food with you— Boxed raisins, packets of your dressing, fruit juice in small cans, granola bar —Vitalicious VitaTops are wonderful—you get the picture. There is no reason why you can't be prepared with foods that help you have a great eating out experience. While the others are having their 'cake' you can eat your granola bar, if you so choose. Of course, you CAN have the cake too; but if you would rather have something of your own choosing, to help keep you on Program, then by all means have it.

Eat before you go - Try having a small snack or some fruit juice before you go out to eat. If your stomach is empty you will overeat. Keep chugging that water.

Keep the conversation going - Okay, I'll admit it—this I'm good at! It's hard to overeat when you are talking and visiting with the others in your party. In fact, I rarely eat when we have a Zonie dinner or lunch. I'm too busy talking!

Keep mint hard candy handy—When you are done eating pop a mint hard candy in your mouth. It's a great way to tell yourself you are done eating your meal.

Put down your fork between bites —This slows down your eating and lets you 'think' before your next bite. This is one area that is hard for me. I come from a family of 'fast eaters'. I do know when I eat slower I am more satisfied and most likely will leave food on my plate.

What exactly is the menu telling you with their terms and phrases? If you are trying to keep from having fat and sodium overload you need to watch out for these words on the menu: buttered or buttery, smoked, fried, batter-fried, pan-fried, breaded, barbecued, creamy or creamed, in its own gravy, with gravy, teriyaki, hollandaise creole style, au gratin, scalloped or escalloped. Look instead for: grilled, baked broiled, stir-fried, roasted, poached, vegetable-based, light, braised, marinated, oil-free, and steamed.

Do you feel better about eating out now? Are you confident you can go out to eat and make smart decisions? I hope so because these tips we've talked about will help you "Eat Out Smart."

Good luck to all of you on your Journey to a healthier, happier, thinner and more confident YOU. You all have it within yourselves to be the best you can be. It's up to you. I'm rooting for you all.

Best wishes,
    Dotti

~~~Smart Guide to Getting Thin & Healthy by Katharine Colton
    ~~~Eat Out, Eat Right! by Hope S. Warshaw, M.M.Sc., R.D., C.D.E.

Motivational Puzzle

Can you spot the 6 differences between two pictures of Dotti?

Click on the image here and test your skills of observation:

Did you find all 6 of the differences in last Dotti's Newsletter puzzle?
    Dotti's Ice Cream Puzzle

Just in case you missed any of the changes you can check your work here:
    Dotti's Ice Cream Answer Key

Vitalicious® Vitamin-fortified, delicious, better-for-you baked goods

Vitalicious® VitaTops, VitaMuffins and VitaBrownies are delicious. They are healthy, taste great and fit within any program you are using to attain your healthy new lifestyle. ~ Dotti

Try Vitalicious® muffins today! They come in at 1 point on Weight Watchers and are the perfect snack.

Large Tasty Portions!
    One Yummy Point!
    10% Off Coupon Code: WDTQ73YYQ
    (Expires 07/31/10)
    NEW! 100-calorie Apple Crumb VitaTops—
    Irresistibly moist & crunchy.

Get 6 FREE DeepChocolate VitaTops with this pack—Learn more.

Also get a FREE Golden Corn VitaMuffin 4-pack on any order of $99 or more.

Find the Secret Sample and Get it FREE—
    Join our Facebook Community to learn more.

Get FREE SHIPPING on monthly plan—
    Pick your VitaTop each month.

Canadian site now has better pricing plus will honor Dotti’s coupon for 5% Off (WDTQ73YYQ).

www.vitalicious.com

Actress Weight Quiz

Which of these two actresses' weights is/was outside of the Normal range for her height?

Marilyn Monroe or Julia Roberts?

(Find the answer below in Quiz Answers.)

Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes
    This mixture of veggies is wonderful on top of pizza. Roast the zucchini and tomatoes ahead of time and refrigerate until you are ready to use it. It is also a great side dish for grilled chicken or fish.

Serves 6

Ingredients

♦ 1 (8 oz) container refrigerated pre-chopped red onion
    ♦ 2 medium zucchini, chopped coarsely
    ♦ 1 cup grape tomatoes
    ♦ 2 tsp olive oil
    ♦ 1/4 tsp salt
    ♦ 1/4 tsp black pepper
    ♦ 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.

Combine the first 6 ingredients; toss well. Place the tossed ingredients on a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake at 500 degrees for 18 minutes or until veggies are tender and lightly browned. Stir after 12 minutes. Add basil to roasted veggies; toss gently.

Per serving (1/2 cup):
    44 calories, 2g fat, 1.7g fiber, 6.8g carbs, 1.5g protein, 106mg sodium *1

~~~Cooking Light, Fresh Food Fast

Smoking Versus Obesity Quiz

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the year 2000, the number of deaths caused by smoking related causes was how many times larger than the number of deaths caused by obesity related causes:

a. 1.1 times.
    b. 2.1 times.
    c. 5.1 times.
    d. 10.1 times.

Best Choices Eating Out
    Here are a few ideas of what you can eat at some restaurants while staying on your Program.

Pizza Hut ~
    12" Fit and Delicious Pizza, 2 slices [300 cal/8g fat (3g saturated)/46g carbs/1220mg sodium = 7 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Panera Bread~
    Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, half portion with Reduced-Sugar Asian Sesame Vinaigrette [225 cal/14g fat (2g saturated)/640mg sodium = 6 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Chili's ~
    Cedar Plank Tilapia with Kettle Black Beans and Seasoned Veggies [369 cal/9g fat (3g saturated)/14g fiber/17g carbs/1519mg sodium = 7.5 pts]

Cosi ~
    Fire-Roasted Veggie Sandwich [328 cal/8g fat/259mg sodium = 7.5 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Red Lobster ~
    Full Portion Wood-Grilled Cod with Broccoli [305 cal/3.5g fat (0.5g saturated)/340mg sodium = 6.5 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Uno Chicago Grill ~
    Lemon Basil Salmon with Steamed Broccoli [510 cal/39g fat (5g saturated fat/0g trans fat)/1030mg sodium = 13.5 pts] This meal has a high calorie and fat count but it's filled with vital nutrients, protein and omega-3s. Great meal for those watching their cholesterol. *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Taco Bell ~
    Fresco Grilled Steak Soft Taco [160 cal/4.5g fat (1.5g saturated)/550mg sodium = 3.5 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Panda Express ~
    Mushroom Chicken with Mixed Veggies [240 cal/14g fat (3g saturated)/710mg sodium = 6 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Auntie Anne's ~
    Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel, no butter [380 cal/1g fat/400mg sodium = 8 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

Cold Stone Creamery ~
    Sinless Sans Fat Sweet Cream with Raspberries [165 cal/0g fat = 3.5 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

McDonalds ~
    Egg McMuffin [300 cal/12g fat (5g saturated)/820mg sodium = 7 pts] *No fiber listed so actual pts might be a bit lower.

~~~Eat This, Not That by David Zinczenko

Weight Loss is 90% Mental

Just like Matt Hoover, I use Dr. Roberta's Enjoying Weight Loss Hypnosis CDs as an important help on my lifelong Journey to a healthier me:

Whenever I listen to these CDs—I have a good day on program.

Whenever I have failed to do well on program, it has always been when I stopped listening regularly.
    They continue to be an irreplaceable part of my Journey back to goal!

The "Enjoying Weight Loss"
    hypnosis CDs help me to be the
    best I can be on Program. ~Dotti~

FREE w/order

This is a great tool to
    help you stay motivated,
    focused, and positive.

Read our Review

If you would like a power assist on your Journey I highly recommend the
    Enjoying Weight Loss Hypnosis CDs!

Want to know more?

There's lots of info on our Review Page—how this has worked for me.
    Don't want to pay all at once?—Just choose 3 equal installments!
    What can you do to get your mind onboard with your weight loss desires?
    —I honestly believe this is an answer to a dilemma that we all face.

Come and read about it.

Eat This, Pay Consequence

I don't know about you but when I'm out running errands or shopping around the mall, the aromas from the various food places call my name. Here are a few 'little pick-me-ups' along with what you will have to do to burn those calories. Quite the eye-opener.
    Panera Bread Cinnamon Crunch Bagel with 2 ounces plain cream cheese [610 cal/26g fat (16g saturated)/31g sugars = 14.5 pts]
    Consequence: 153 minutes vacuuming the house

Au Bon Pain Pecan Roll [630 cal/32g fat (11g saturated)/38g sugars = 15.5 pts]
    Consequence: 55 minutes vigorously treading water

Cold Stone Creamery Peanut Butter Ice Cream, large [890 cal/58g fat (30g saturated/1g trans)/66g sugars = 23 pts]
    Consequence: 182 minutes raking the lawn

Dairy Queen Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard, medium [1010 cal/40g fat (20g saturated/4.5g trans)/109g sugars = 23.5 pts]
    Consequence: 2,220 sit-ups, 3 seconds apiece

Charley's Grilled Subs Cheddar Bacon Fries [1089 cal/87g fat (18g saturated/2.5g trans)/1762mg sodium = 29 pts]
    Consequence: 152 minutes speed walking through the mall

Quizno's Regular Tuna Melt [1230 cal/92g fat (18g saturated/1g trans)/1510mg sodium = 32.5 pts]
    Consequence: 72 minutes running up stairs

Taco Bell Chipotle Steak Fully Loaded Taco Salad [950 cal/59g fat (11g saturated/1g trans)/1760mg sodium = 24 pts]
    Consequence: 116 minutes on the elliptical trainer

~~~Eat This, Not That by David Zinczenko

Fifty-Pound Quiz

If you are currently eating exactly the right number of calories each day to maintain your weight, how many fewer calories would you need to eat every day for one year, in order to lose 50 pounds?

a. 125 fewer calories.
    b. 250 fewer calories.
    c. 500 fewer calories.
    d. 1000 fewer calories.

Software You Can Use! — And Now Available Online!

Weight Commander

The Weight Commander is an awesome program for your Journey. I highly recommend it to all those who are on a Journey of their own. It is a wonderful program to track your progress on any weight loss program you are using. You can read My Review of the Weight Commander or go straight to the source and check out this great software by following this link to Weight Commander. He has many tips and ideas throughout his program, which will help you to be successful on your Journey.

And for those who don't feel comfortable downloading software, or who cringe when Windows gives them another unnecessary warning about running perfectly safe software, Michael has created a wonderful online version of Weight Commander, where you can always access your information with privacy, with no worry about trying to transfer it from computer to computer when you switch. You can of course still get the software version (which continues to work very well, even on my Windows Vista computer), but the online version of Weight Commander is a wonderful new option! You make the choice, but you win either way.

Weight Commander
    Online Version Weight Commander
    Offline Software Weight Commander
    Our review

“I deserve credit EVERY TIME I exercise. I deserve credit EVERY TIME I practice a healthy lifestyle skill. I deserve credit EVERY TIME I stick to my Plan.”
    ~~Anonymous

Comic Relief

Computer Operating Systems

Most computer users understand that you need an operating system to use a computer practically, even if it is not clear why. But many users don't.

Tech Support: "May I ask what operating system you are running today?"
    Customer: "A computer."

A girl walked into the computer center where I work. She said she was having problems with her Mac. I asked what kind of Mac she had. In an indignant voice, she replied, "Duh, Intosh."

Tech Support: "What operating system are you running? Windows 95?"
    Customer: (a little too excited) "95, 97, 98, I've got them all!" After conferring with her husband, it turned out she owned a Macintosh with System 8.1.

Tech Support: "What version of Windows are you running?"
    Customer: "I got the computer in 2003, so I think it's a Windows 2003. Or maybe it's a Windows 2004? I got it late in the year."
    Tech Support: "Um, ok."
    Customer: "Is that wrong?"
    Tech Support: "No, no, that sounds about right. Tell me, would you know what service pack you have for that?"
    Customer: "Well, when I got to the register, the young man who rang me up said I was about the 5th person to buy it. So it might be service pack 5."

Tech Support: "What operating system do you run?"
    Customer: "Dial-up."

Tech Support: "Do you know what operating system you're on?"
    Customer: "Hmmm...what would be a good answer?"
    Customer: "I don't use DOS. What would happen if I deleted that directory?"

One time I had to walk a Windows 95 user through a particular procedure.
    Me: "First you need to open DOS-prompt. I'll guide you--"
    Customer: "MY COMPUTER DOES NOT HAVE DOS! YOU THINK I RUN THAT ANCIENT SOFTWARE?" (click)

My Friend: "I just installed Windows 98."
    Me: "Cool. But...it's 2001. Why not Windows 2000 or wait for XP to come out?"
    My Friend: "Oh, 98 is more easily hacked, so I want it."
    Me: "You want to get hacked?"
    My Friend: "Yes! Wouldn't you?"
    Me: "No...."
    My Friend: "When you get hacked you get a lot of money! That's a good thing!"
    Me: "???"

My Friend: "What's your operating system?"
    Me: "Linux."
    My Friend: "You better uninstall it!"
    Me: "Why?"
    My Friend: "The government uses Linux to look through your computer and see your every move. They use it as a security camera into your world."
    Me: "Sure...."

Motivation

Positive Thinking
    Once you begin to believe in yourself,
    others will begin to believe in you.

Once you place a high value on yourself,
    others will value you as well.

~~~~~~~~

Your dreams and goals become a reality
    to the extent that you pour yourself into them.

~~~~~~~~

Create your own belief system and feel
    the power of the words "I can" and "I will."

~~~The Path to Success is Paved with Positive Thinking by Wally Amos—Blue Mountain Arts

Baja Bob's Cocktail Mixes
    ~ Home of the Original Sugar-Free Margarita Mix

Enter Coupon Code Dotti15 when ordering and receive a 15% discount!

Remember, for any order over $50, you get FREE SHIPPING at Baja Bob's!

Baja Bob's incredibly good tasting mixes are great with or without alcohol, allowing people who are watching their weight, or those who are forced to watch their sugar intake due to health reasons the opportunity to enjoy the great taste of a cocktail.

Enjoy a cocktail and still stay on your Program

Grilled Zucchini and Red Bell Pepper with Corn
    A wonderful, easy side dish.

Serves 4

Ingredients

♦ 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
    ♦ 1 red bell pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
    ♦ Cooking spray
    ♦ 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
    ♦ 1 1/2 tbsp Parmesan and r0asted garlic salad dressing (any brand)
    ♦ 1/4 tsp salt
    ♦ 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper

Prepare the grill.

Cut zucchini and bell pepper halves with cooking spray and place on the grill rack. Cover and grill for about 5 minutes on each side or until bell pepper is charred and zucchini is tender.

Remove veggies from the grill and cut them into 1" pieces. Place in a medium bowl. Stir in corn and remaining 3 ingredients, tossing gently to combine.

Per serving (1/2 cup):
    74 calories, 3g fat, 2.3g fiber, 12.9g carbs, 2.3g protein, 217mg sodium *1.5

~~~Cooking Light, Fresh Food Fast

Pizza Fit’n Free “America’s Fat Free Pizza”

To celebrate 20 years of
    Fat Free Pizzas,
    we are offering
    10% Off Your Next Order.

Visit www.pizzafree.com and enter coupon code DWLZ during checkout to receive 10% off!

Quiz Answers

Actress Weight Quiz

Which of these two actresses' weights is/was outside of the Normal range for her height?

Marilyn Monroe or Julia Roberts?

ANSWER: b. Julia Roberts

Marilyn Monroe's BMI was a very healthy 21.6 (height: 5'5" and weight: 130 lbs ), right in the middle of her Normal Range, while Julia Roberts' BMI averages 18.63. (Her height is 5'8" and her weight ranges from a too low 117 up to 128 lbs. This causes her BMI to fluctuate from the clearly underweight 17.8, up to just barely into the bottom of her Normal Range at 19.46. On average, she, along with many other actresses of today, is underweight for her height.)

If you want to calculate your BMI visit Dotti's BMI page, and use Dotti's BMI calculator.

Smoking Versus Obesity Quiz

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in the year 2000, the number of deaths caused by smoking related causes was how many times larger than the number of deaths caused by obesity related causes:

ANSWER: a. 1.1

The actual number of deaths caused by smoking related causes was 435,000, and the number of deaths caused by obesity related causes was 400,000 deaths. Unfortunately, obesity is quickly gaining on smoking as the number one preventable killer.

The odds of living to 100 may actually be a bit higher for a smoker than an obese person, according to Marilyn vos Savant in Parade.

We all know that smoking is frightfully dangerous! However, overeating is not a useful alternative in the long run.

"A study of more than 100,000 first-time heart-attack victims showed that obesity was the most important factor. Smoking ranked second. (Source: Journal of the American College of Cardiology.) The lead author suggests that the fat tissue itself may produce factors that precipitate heart attacks."
    — Smoking Versus Obesity Healthystyle by Parade

Fifty-Pound Quiz

If you are currently eating exactly the right number of calories each day to maintain your weight, how many fewer calories would you need to eat every day for one year, in order to lose 50 pounds?
    ANSWER: b. 500 calories

A more precise answer is 480 calories. In order to lose 50 pounds you have to consume a total of 3,500 calories less than your maintenance level for each pound. That comes to 3,500 x 50, or 175,000 calories total. Dividing the total number of calories by 365, gives you the number of calories each day you will have to remove from your intake. And, 175,000 / 365 = 480 calories.

Cherry Cola Jello Squares

Serves 9

Ingredients

♦ 1 pkg. (4 serv. size) sugar free cherry gelatin
    ♦ 1 pkg. (4 serv. size) sugar free black cherry gelatin
    ♦ 1 1/2 cups boiling water
    ♦ 20 oz. can "Lite" no-sugar-added cherry pie filling
    ♦ 1 1/4 cups diet cola
    ♦ Fat free whipped topping, optional

In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in pie filling; mix well. Slowly stir in soda (mixture will foam). Pour into an 8-inch square dish. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped topping if desired..

Per serving (1 square): *1 pt

~~~Thank you Susan

DWLZ Cookbooks One and Two

Have you ordered your DWLZ Cookbooks yet? These cookbooks are filled with recipes that are Zonies' favorites, dishes that are delicious but on program, with nutritional information listed. These are two books in one package: DWLZ Cookbooks Volumes One and Two. The recipes are easy to make and don't use hard-to-find items. They are together in one PDF file, viewable in your free Acrobat Reader (Version 5 and higher). These also make wonderful gifts.

DWLZ Website Updates

Keeping Dotti's Weight Loss Zone current is a full time job and then some. Anytime you would like to find my latest updates you can find them at these links:

The DWLZ Website News & Updates forum—

http://www.dwlz2.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

US restaurants updates are on my Restaurants TOC page—

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurants.html

Canadian restaurants updates are on my Canadian
    Restaurants TOC page at—

http://www.dwlz.com/restaurantscanadian.html

"Your body keeps an accurate journal…
    regardless of what you write down!"
    —Anonymous

Newsletter Sign Up

If this newsletter was forwarded to you, you can sign up for it yourself at:

Dotti's Newsletter Subscription Page -
    http://www.dwlz.com/eletter.html

(You can also unsubscribe from Dotti's Newsletter there.)

Dotti's Weight Loss Zone

And please don't forget to come and visit DWLZ!

If you are not already a regular visitor, it is time for you to come and make yourself at home at my web page, where you will find lots of tips on losing weight, and help in picking out good things to eat at your favorite restaurants, while still remaining on program. We have motivation, success stories, and much more. It is a lot like Disneyland: you'll have lots of fun, and you could never see it all in just one day! However, unlike Disneyland, Dotti's [ http://www.dwlz.com ] is open 24 hours a day, every day.

Goodbye

Another visit is coming to a close ~ how fast the time goes when you are having a great time. Until our next visit, always keep in mind you are never alone on this Journey. We are all here with you, right beside you, rooting you on.

Take care until next time…

Dotti

Copyright and Disclaimer

Copyright © DWLZ, Inc.—2010, all rights reserved. This document may be reproduced freely as long as it is always reproduced in its entirety, including this copyright message, and the disclaimer below, and as long as it is always distributed free of charge.

Disclaimer—This newsletter is not meant to be a substitute for any professional advice, guidance, or counseling. We are not doctors. Any information contained in this email reflects our own opinions and experiences. It is not intended in any way to serve as or take the place of medical advice from a physician.

*Whenever possible, I calculate ALL my Points on my Offline Points Calculator in the Half Points Mode, which rounds UP to the nearest Half Point. This keeps my site consistent. All point values shown in BLACK are calculated with the 10-gram fiber cap [Original 123 Success Points]. When there is a difference with the 4 gram fiber cap calculation, I show the points value for that in RED

Note: Points® is a registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc. The Points® values displayed are not intended in any way to show an endorsement or sponsorship of any product or organization by Weight Watchers International, Inc.

Change email address / Leave mailing list